Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Andy Naylor [MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus · 19m 19 minutes ago
Suspect some #bhafc road travellers will be late arrivers. Left Argus House 2.15 and still 11 miles away from WHL on M25.

PS: that is why I didn't go. I have been through the nightmare for a Saturday match at WHL before.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Who is betting that Hughes gets a run out in place of Greer?

My thinking is that we need a winger to stop their left back getting forward. And we need Bruno fit. Bruno will be the first I will look for on the team sheet. And it is even chance he will not be fit. Rob Hunt (reserve RB) played for the reserves on Monday and he has never featured in the first team squad. Our lack of recruitment is looking like shortcoming right now.

Chicksen did not look so bad on the highlights. Commentators said that Chicksen let Scannell past on the inside too much but Scannell is so hopelessly right footed it did not matter, not until he got around on the outside for the Huddersfield goal, which was an exceptional finish. I share your misgivings though. I would certainly play Townsend if I were them. More worried about our right hand side if Bruno is still out, or if he plays when not fully fit.

You may be right about Hughes getting a run out in order to protect Greer or Dunk.

With regard to Chicksen at Huddersfield: as I said in the player ratings he hasn't had much first team football and is clearly a work in progress. The highlights really do not reflect just how poor he was, allowing yards of space on either side for Scannell to get past him unchallenged - and that was on the few occasions when he bothered to chase back from his wing back position on the half way line. Either Scannell had no marker at all or Gardner made half hearted attempts to cover. With hindsight we did very well to get off so lightly in the first half.

I want to see younger players get their chance and enjoy seeing them develop. They will make mistakes but Sami's formations will not do any favours for Chicksen's confidence. Baffling when you consider Sami's defensive pedigree.

Anyway that was last week and it will be interesting to see how we cope tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Disparity in Income

Disparity in Income:

Spurs Turnover 2012-13 £147m Match Day £40m
Albion Turnover 2012-13 £23.4m Match Day £8.7 m
Arsenal Turnover 2012-13 £242.8 m Match Day £92.8 m

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Kandi and Fenelon on the bench maybe ...................time to make a name for themselves

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
#BHAFC team v Spurs: Walton; Calderon, Dunk, Hughes, Chicksen; Ince, Holla, Forster-Caskey, LuaLua, McCourt, Colunga

#BHAFC subs v Spurs: Ankergren, Greer, Gardner, Bennett, Mackail-Smith, Teixeira, O’Grady.

edit: Paddy gets a start!!!! :ohmy:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
#BHAFC team v Spurs: Walton; Calderon, Dunk, Hughes, Chicksen; Ince, Holla, Forster-Caskey, LuaLua, McCourt, Colunga

#BHAFC subs v Spurs: Ankergren, Greer, Gardner, Bennett, Mackail-Smith, Teixeira, O’Grady.

blimey

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Bloody hell.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Put the game back! Us wankers on the coaches ain't gonna get there in time!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That defence looks fragile. At least Ince adds a bit of muscle and presence to the midfield.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Interesting lineup. A nice debut for Walton. Very Surprised mind you. Colunga eventually starts down the middle. Paddy is on from the start. My worry is who is right wing for Spurs. Townsend or Lennon could give Chicksen a very tough night

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Baldock not even on the bench:if he's behind O'Grady in the pecking order things must be bad.

Good to see CMS back though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here