Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Ticket binfest/availability

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
I dispute this, this facility is great for me as I can get one for Mrs Notthenineo'clocknews (who has been to many matches over many years)

Although she won't receive any points for the game.

This prioritises 'guests' over those who have a purchase history and want to wait for their purchase window so they can get the points for attending.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Although she won't receive any points for the game.

This prioritises 'guests' over those who have a purchase history and want to wait for their purchase window so they can get the points for attending.

Good point. Where games are likely to sell out, people will have the choice of:

- Buying early via a STH mate, but getting no loyalty 'recognition' for doing so, or
- Gambling to wait to buy in the general sale and getting loyalty points

Strikes me as a strange position to put people in. Is that intentional?

In other news, tickets remaining as of now-ish:

East lower: 404
East upper: 4
North: 17 (all disabled)
Shelf: 83
South: 100
West Lower: 15
West Upper: 0

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a bit difficult if, say, you're in the WSU and the ticket you have bought for a guest is in the ESL.

And regardless of the faux concerns on security and safety, I'm very surprised the club do not wish to capture details of the guests for future marketing purposes.

Surely not that difficult though? If they cause trouble, their seat number is linked to your account - and you'd expect some comeback from that, thereby discouraging people from passing tickets on to someone they don't trust or an away fan.

Agree that all this ticket-swapping business has got heavy-handed (or at least the messages have) but think this system still works. Would be a good idea though as you say to harvest names and contacts for the "guests".

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Surprising amount of tickets left, can only assume it's because of the pricing. £50 to sit right next to the away fans? No thanks.

It does seem like there will be a number of empty seats for the West Brom & Newcastle game too. Perhaps the club got it wrong with the capping of the no. of STs

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At £50 a ticket I would be pleased if didnt sell out.
Can someone explain in what order priority is given for matchday tickets. !) Season ticketholder guest 2) Members 3) Season ticket waiting list

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can someone explain in what order priority is given for matchday tickets. !) Season ticketholder guest 2) Members 3) Season ticket waiting list

Bronze members and season waiting list have the same status as you need Bronze membership to join the waiting list.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
City fans buying Brighton membership just to get tickets for the 12 August
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-away-ticket-details.329389/page-8

Interesting thread with as much whingeing about loyalty point formulae as you get on NSC

Presumably that guy got away with it because he has a Sussex address. You'd hope the club would be showing a bit of interest in the backgrounds of fans from further afield, otherwise we're going to be awash with away supporters in home stands (which I fear will be the case this season anyway).

Currently available:-

8 in the north, all disabled
78 in South East. These are the cheapest non family, non disabled tickets available
344 in ESL. 322 of these are for anyone. The rest are in the family area and of these, 10 are disabled seats
18 in WSL. All are disabled seats
77 on The Shelf - Familys only.

525 available of which 422 are availble to able'd bodied people attending without kids.

Predicting these will be sold by 1100 on Thursday.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Am I missing something as I thought this huge waiting/members list would have first option of match day tickets.

You ARE missing something - Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus members have been able to buy since last Tuesday.

- Buying early via a STH mate, but getting no loyalty 'recognition' for doing so, or

Perhaps it is intended to push the majority of Albion fans who don't have a season ticket (but are likely to want to attend one or more home matches) to fork out for the Bronze membership to guarantee they get first dibs on tickets?

The order is 1) Bronze and Young Seagulls Plus 2) Season Ticket guests 3)Prior Amex purchase history - There may well be points requirements within the first category

bridge

Mar 16, 2011

In other news, tickets remaining as of now-ish:

East lower: 404
East upper: 4
North: 17 (all disabled)
Shelf: 83
South: 100
West Lower: 15
West Upper: 0

Could push those with purchase history to shell out on a bronze membership so they jump ahead of the sth guest on sale day.
Club tactics to get a few more £££ in on membership fees

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
You're sounding a bit het up chap. I'm largely on your side.

Last season i could login and buy a ticket for my son. It seems that this season I can't. That seems a bit silly.

Albion and ticketing continues to have touches of farce about it - it's like the old Albion is in there below the polish and sparkly veneer that's been put in place.

Latest in the struggle with the usual suspect from the club who believes they can do no wrong...

++++++++++++++++

Hi xxx,

Thanks for your reply. You've explained how the system works today (which I know) but not how it should work.

But it still doesn't address my question I'm afraid. It's not relevant whether I am eligible to buy tickets or not. All that is relevant is whether the F&F fan is eligible or not. But the website does not allow this at the moment. It used to, but not now.

Note it's entirely possible to buy tickets for F&F members over the phone and in person, but for some (unknown) reason this is not possible online.

It's also possible to buy tickets for F&F if you are a Bronze/YS+ member but not if you are an STH.

Please give me a buzz to discuss it further so we can correct this error with the ticket system.

I'll follow up in two days before taking it further.

Thanks,

xxx.

On 18 Jul 2017, at 17:51, Supporter Services <supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk> wrote:

Dear xxx

Our ticketing system only allows you to view the buy button if you have the credentials to purchase tickets. This is done to try to prevent issues of fraud and for security reasons.

If you have the credentials to purchase then you can buy tickets for yourself and also for any other qualifying friends and family on your ticketing account.

Kind regards

xxx
Supporter Services

From xxx
Sent: 18 July 2017 10:16
To: Supporter Services <supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Ticket site restriction

Hi guys,

Any chance of an update on this one ? Feel free to give me a buzz if easier - xxx.

Ta,

xxx.

On 13 Jul 2017, at 15:23, xxx wrote:

Hi xxx,

You haven't really understood my mail I'm afraid.

Why is there a restriction in place on the ticket site that prevents me buying tickets on behalf of F&F who are eligible to have a match ticket bought for them ? No such restriction is in place for phone or in-person orders.

Thanks,

xxx.

On 13 Jul 2017, at 14:08, Supporter Services <supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk> wrote:

Hi xxx

Tickets for home league games are sold in a priority order to members and then to season ticket holders guests. This was the same policy last year and has not changed. If you have friends who are looking to regularly attend matches at the Amex I would strongly encourage them to join the membership where they can purchase 1 ticket each per home match (loyalty points may be used for some games).

Our full list of on sale dates has now been published and is available here:

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/OnSaleMatrix1718.pdf

Kind regards

xxx

Sent: 12 July 2017 18:02
Subject: Ticket site restriction

Hi,

I’d like to ask why there is a restriction in place on the ticket site that prevents STHs purchasing tickets for eligible Friends & Family.

I’m an STH and so have already ‘bought’ a ticket for every home game for myself. But I often would also like to buy match tickets for people in my F&F list, who are eligible for match tickets, but the Buy button against the games is faded out so I can’t proceed. There are many reasons why I might want to buy tickets for them using my own account such as them being young children, or friends who cannot log on to the ticket site when tickets go on sale.

There does not seem to be any reason for this, and in fact it’s not treating STHs in the same way as Bronze/YS+ members (the restriction is not in place for them).

Please can you correct this and lift the restriction ?

If you’d like to talk through in more detail feel free to call me on xxx.

Regards,

xxx.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Latest in the struggle with the usual suspect from the club who believes they can do no wrong...

++++++++++++++++

Hi xxx,

Thanks for your reply. You've explained how the system works today (which I know) but not how it should work.

But it still doesn't address my question I'm afraid. It's not relevant whether I am eligible to buy tickets or not. All that is relevant is whether the F&F fan is eligible or not. But the website does not allow this at the moment. It used to, but not now.

Note it's entirely possible to buy tickets for F&F members over the phone and in person, but for some (unknown) reason this is not possible online.

It's also possible to buy tickets for F&F if you are a Bronze/YS+ member but not if you are an STH.

Please give me a buzz to discuss it further so we can correct this error with the ticket system.

I'll follow up in two days before taking it further.

Thanks,

xxx.

On 18 Jul 2017, at 17:51, Supporter Services <supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk> wrote:

Dear xxx

Our ticketing system only allows you to view the buy button if you have the credentials to purchase tickets. This is done to try to prevent issues of fraud and for security reasons.

If you have the credentials to purchase then you can buy tickets for yourself and also for any other qualifying friends and family on your ticketing account.

Kind regards

xxx
Supporter Services

From xxx
Sent: 18 July 2017 10:16
Subject: Re: Ticket site restriction

Hi guys,

Any chance of an update on this one ? Feel free to give me a buzz if easier - xxx.

Ta,

xxx.

On 13 Jul 2017, at 15:23, xxx wrote:

Hi xxx,

You haven't really understood my mail I'm afraid.

Why is there a restriction in place on the ticket site that prevents me buying tickets on behalf of F&F who are eligible to have a match ticket bought for them ? No such restriction is in place for phone or in-person orders.

Thanks,

xxx.

On 13 Jul 2017, at 14:08, Supporter Services <supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk> wrote:

Hi xxx

Tickets for home league games are sold in a priority order to members and then to season ticket holders guests. This was the same policy last year and has not changed. If you have friends who are looking to regularly attend matches at the Amex I would strongly encourage them to join the membership where they can purchase 1 ticket each per home match (loyalty points may be used for some games).

Our full list of on sale dates has now been published and is available here:

http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/OnSaleMatrix1718.pdf

Kind regards

xxx

Sent: 12 July 2017 18:02
Subject: Ticket site restriction

Hi,

I’d like to ask why there is a restriction in place on the ticket site that prevents STHs purchasing tickets for eligible Friends & Family.

I’m an STH and so have already ‘bought’ a ticket for every home game for myself. But I often would also like to buy match tickets for people in my F&F list, who are eligible for match tickets, but the Buy button against the games is faded out so I can’t proceed. There are many reasons why I might want to buy tickets for them using my own account such as them being young children, or friends who cannot log on to the ticket site when tickets go on sale.

There does not seem to be any reason for this, and in fact it’s not treating STHs in the same way as Bronze/YS+ members (the restriction is not in place for them).

Please can you correct this and lift the restriction ?

If you’d like to talk through in more detail feel free to call me on xxx.

Regards,

xxx.

Systems designed and/or maintained by those who have no real idea of the use cases of those who have to use them.

This morning I joined the Leicester queue (which also coincided with sales windows opening to a group of supporters for home games). I queued and waited, queued and waited and finally got access to the ticketing site...

...whereupon I was logged in as my son - the last person I logged in as at some point in the past. I didn't want to buy a Leicester ticket for him and nor does he qualify to buy one today. Because of this ridiculous change in site functionality I then had to logout as him and then try to login as me. Stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here