Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday papers.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sundays red tops reported that Harry Redknapp was in Los Angeles trying to sign Ashley Cole and Robbie Keane for Brum saying both could still do a good job in the Championship, that rings a bell.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
After they've signed Niko Kranjcar and 12 other players I fully expect Harry to exclaim that Brum are down to the bare bones.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When appointing Harry the board must have been aware of the way he works and the cost involved and must be happy with it.

So what? Even if the board as well as the manager are reckless with the long term security of a club, it still doesn't make it right. Or 'immaterial'.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
When appointing Harry the board must have been aware of the way he works and the cost involved and must be happy with it.

I'd say a board who sacked Rowett and replaced him with Zola doesn't know their are from their elbow. So no, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they are in for a shock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I said they both could best part of 12 months ago. but was told they were past it now. Harry obviously doeesnt think so or wanted a few days in LA,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The cost in wages is immaterial if they can still produce it on the field. Brum could be an outside bet for promotion.
I said they both could best part of 12 months ago. but was told they were past it now. Harry obviously doeesnt think so or wanted a few days in LA,

i get now. BensGrandad recommend them a year ago and now Harry is looking at them, so must have been right. yes, *if* wages are immaterial, they'd do well in the Championship. you can play Football Manager, well done.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The cost in wages is immaterial if they can still produce it on the field. Brum could be an outside bet for promotion.

So what? Even if the board as well as the manager are reckless with the long term security of a club, it still doesn't make it right. Or 'immaterial'.

With respect, who really gives a toss to what Birmingham and Arry' are doing.
It's all about who the Albion buy in the coming weeks, IMO :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i get now. BensGrandad recommend them a year ago and now Harry is looking at them, so must have been right. yes, *if* wages are immaterial, they'd do well in the Championship. you can play Football Manager, well done.

What in the world possessed you do to that!

punish:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I do not play any of those games and at the time suggested them on here based on their ability the financial implications did not and do not come in to it. Harry is now confirming my view that they have the ability to play in The Championship still even a year older. It is now water under the bridge.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Is this the Brighton and Hove Albion forum. I thought it was but I dont understand why we would be interested in Birmingham City

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this the Brighton and Hove Albion forum. I thought it was but I dont understand why we would be interested in Birmingham City

Is it not clear, if the Albion had listened to the right person at the right time, the club would have been promoted last season.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I do not play any of those games and at the time suggested them on here based on their ability the financial implications did not and do not come in to it. Harry is now confirming my view that they have the ability to play in The Championship still even a year older. It is now water under the bridge.

How does it confirm your view before they even sign or kick a ball in the championship. If by Christmas they had taken Birmingham 20 points clear at the top then their ability to play in the championship would be proven

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here