Apr 16, 2011

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I understand the arguments of the early leavers but seeing the ground so empty while the game was still going on was a shame. I know we were shit but shouldn't 'supporters' stay till the end to support the team. It seems to be very much an English thing as I rarely seem to see fans leaving early at overseas matches.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I agree mate we would get done with the squad we have. But we don't leave on 72 minutes do we ? it must have a real impact on the players when that happens !!

But what you need to remember is that most people dont turn up out of blind-loyalty. Most just want to be entertained and thats barely happened this season. I think todays exodus was the culmination of all of the seasons frustration

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
I stayed till the end it was a poor performance today but we aren't going to win every game but one thing I don't agree on is all this wonder what the players think do they really care they get paid a lot of money weather everyone leaves early or everyone stays till the end!

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Made the train queues a bit shorter as they were already home by the time I got down there, so it was a bonus in ways.

This! I was amazed by the lack of queue after I sauntered down to the station after clapping the boys off the pitch.

I'm now of the mind that if people want to go because they're resigned to us losing then go. Free the trains!!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I didn't leave , I stayed until the end but I couldn't blame the people leaving. The team had stopped trying . Why stay and watch?

Have some sympathy with this pov. Bloke next to me left as soon as they scored their second. We weren't creating anything and with Lingard off we'd removed one of our players who was most likely to score. Nothing was going to change.

It's all right slating the fans for leaving early, but the players and coaches need to deliver. I don't think they did today. 29,000 turned up to see them - and it was very poor. Don't blame people at all for saying sod this and heading to the pub.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
None of my business I guess, but I have no comprehension about why you'd leave a footy match early - It's sport, all about the result at the end, not with 5,10,20 mins to go..... Just find it odd, but I guess it's people who see it as entertainment rather than a passion.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
None of my business I guess, but I have no comprehension about why you'd leave a footy match early - It's sport, all about the result at the end, not with 5,10,20 mins to go..... Just find it odd, but I guess it's people who see it as entertainment rather than a passion.

Shirley if it were the entertainment (ie. 90 mins of good old soccer) then people would stay. An educated fan knows it's going to sh1t and has had enough so leaves accordingly to return another day.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Shirley if it were the entertainment (ie. 90 mins of good old soccer) then people would stay. An educated fan knows it's going to sh1t and has had enough so leaves accordingly to return another day.

Maybe, I dunno, I've never left a (Derby) match early. It doesn't even pop up as an option. I've left the seat for the bar at plenty of Brighton matches, obviously I don't care as much about the result....

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Loyalty is going to the game every week and traveling away buying merchandise, pies, drinks, snacks and programmes at extortionate prices, leaving in the 80th or 85th min when we are 2-0 down doesn't make people 'plastics'. Get real.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Yawn !!!

Happy to admit we left five minutes before the end, why should we feel guilty about that when the players themselves look like they don't give a &*^% !!

Fed up with these threads, why don't you find something more important to worry about!? :yawn:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here