Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you wish you hadn't bothered watching

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Some of the utter effluent my darling daughter has made me watch over the years
Donnie Darko,Signs,Mean Girls,Paranormal Activity,Finding Nemo,Titanic,Napoleon Dynamite.
If she wasnt my daughter, I don't think I would ever speak to her again,oh and I nearly forgot,Marley and Me

What's wrong with Finding Nemo? :ohmy:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Independence Day

Four Weddings and a Funeral

They were probably OK but due to incredible over-hyping at the time, I found them a flat disappointment. The latter was a typical, "Good old British film renaissance ... we make films as good as the yanks", talking up our film industry instead of just letting the individual films do the talking. And Hugh Grant, essentially plays himself, in every movie.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Too many to go into but of late? "Filth". James McCavoy on predictably no-mark form, pointless drivel from start to finish.

Ones that I recall: Fell asleep during Troy, switched Devil Wears Prada off before titles finished, switched Eternal Sunshine off 20 mins in, threw Miss Congeniality in the bin after my girlfriend finished watching it.

Anything by Paul Thomas Anderson - meandering films with no point except to show off the method acting skills of his mates

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Anything by Paul Thomas Anderson - meandering films with no point except to show off the method acting skills of his mates

Surely you cannot include Boogie nights in that criticism can you ? Excellant film.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Master - two very good actors, hamming it up for two and a half hours

A Field In England - Sixth form Art student makes it up as he goes along given proper equipement and budget

Agree on both counts. A Field in England is utter gash, but the sort of shit The Guardian raves over regardless.

Inception is the daddy of them all for me. Complete tedious bollocks for Matrix-loving sad acts who were good at Physics at school.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Brazil. A 3 hour mind f**k.

Terry Gilliam's masterpiece!!?? You've got to be kidding me ??? You must have watched only incredibly good movies to list this within just 3 examples of Movies you wish you hadn't bothered watching. My goodness, 98% on rotten tomatoes, 8.0 on IMDb - a simply stunning piece of film making, I must have watched this more than any other film. I'm in shock...

:eek:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Brighton vs. Hull, Part II

Was supposed to be a fairy tale, but was actually a horror show, including the worst car crash you've ever seen after about 15 minutes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A Field In England - Sixth form Art student makes it up as he goes along given proper equipement and budget

I watched this a bit off my head and it reminded me of when I went to see Kurosawa's Throne of Blood at the NFT where part of the film is a key character lost in a foggy wood, and he stays lost for a while....a long while. I fell asleep and upon that comedy sudden waking up you get if you've fallen asleep without realising, I looked round to see if anyone noticed and half the cinema was asleep! Incredible. A Field of England was very similarly shot, I was on the single malts while watching and I honestly don't know if I saw the whole thing or dropped off during parts of it, what with all the hallucinations and various monologue ramblings - Mark Kermode was going to give it his film of the year on the Culture Show the other night!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Any American 'Comedy' from the last few years. I can't think of one that i have liked (or laughed at) since the first American Pie.

I will get round to watching Anchor Man with the vauge hope that it may reverse the trend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here