Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

XBOX One

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either it is all about graphics or it isn't.
Black or white? So if everything was 1080p, you'd say it needed to be 4k, and that it was either about graphics or not. Given your black or white stance, the answer has to be it isn't (about graphics).

Bottom line is that only a single Xbone title that can in anyway be described as graphically advanced is able to push 1080p.
Nonsense. Obviously Ryse is graphically advanced, it's the best looking console game ever.
Most are sat at 720p.
No they're not. Your facts are wrong and your opinion misguided.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
PS4 all the way. I mostly play sports games, aside from GTA. Im not into COD or any of that. I never really liked FIFA or Xbox when I played it round mates, Im not bias as I had a PS2 and Xbox back in the day and have Mac stuff.

All I want my console to do is play games, I dont wanna surf the net, play DVDs or music.

If you cant pre order a PS4 at Game, HMV or anything try the Sony Store.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
2) That game looks rubbish anyway, it's more about high FPS than graphics.

to pick this up, FPS *is* graphics and the PS4 will be capable of pushing more frames, at higher resolution, because it has better GPU and faster memory.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you agree that PS4 is better, yet X1 is equal ???:shrug:

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Can't wait for my ps4 to arrive in Friday, I was out delivering xboxes today and loved making people's day. You could tell they where sitting by the window waiting for me!

It's a lot of money but it's just the way it is, I saved just over a few months so the large payment makes no difference to me

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you agree that PS4 is better, yet X1 is equal ???:shrug:
Are you not a bright lad?

I agreed that the PS4 can have a higher resoultion or frame rate. That doesn't mean it always does, and when it does, that doesn't mean it's noticeable. And even when it is slightly noticeable, there are other things that the X1 does better - like better multiplayer (more dedicated servers, better sound in chat etc).

Last edited:

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
By the way if anyone using the Xbox for Blu-ray Disc, you have to install a application first. Well this is what I did and was fine. Just a tip.

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
If you can notice the difference between 720 and 1080 when playing games, your tv is either the size of a kingsize mattress or you are sitting FAR to close to your TV and in about 5 years your eyesight will be so messed up this argument will be rendered irrelevant for you!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There isn't any argument for either console that will set one from the other.

The only 'winner' in the console war be decided by which developers release the best (looking) exclusive titles.

Pit the following games against each other and then we'll see which system provides the best results; Forza 5/Halo 5 against Infamous/Uncharted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There isn't any argument for either console that will set one from the other.

The only 'winner' in the console war be decided by which developers release the best (looking) exclusive titles.

Pit the following games against each other and then we'll see which system provides the best results; Forza 5/Halo 5 against Infamous/Uncharted.

IF all you're fussed about is games. Plenty - such as me - aren't.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Just thought I would let everyone know if you are interested, they have re-released resident evil 1 on the next gen consoles and the pervious consoles. It had been ported from the GameCube version and obviously made the graphics a little bit better.
Came out yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here