Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just read this on facebook

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rights are very complicated. I'm guessing

The leagues / broadcasters OWN the rights to archive footage, but there was some agreement the clubs could utilise some commercially if they wanted.

Although the footage is old, it's value has increased due to the clubs promotion and increased exposure.

The reality is that someone does own this and they (or a company they bought) invested money in getting it onto a video tape. If it's worth something they don't want someone else "exploiting it" or more so in this case, stopping something else stopping them.

I think this has less to do with the Premier League but more to do with the media industry being more recently proactive to ensure their "assets" are safe.

As profits are squeezed and the audience fragments, ownership of rights is everything I'm afraid.

HoraceHorrible

Sep 26, 2017
East Grinstead
My DMCA notice was from the EFL. If they're going to stop people posting videos they should provide somewhere for people to view them. There's a LOT of new Brighton fans that haven't seen much footage from before the Amex, and for people like me it's nice to see old footage, especially at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here