Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Man City - Hughton's first 11

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
If Bruno doesn't start every PL game, even if we get ripped apart down that flank, the fans need to rise up against the club. Bruno played in La Liga epochs ago, so he can quite obviously handle any left winger the PL can throw at him. Retiring the no.2 shirt, as well as the resignation of Barber, should be the very least demanded of the inept management.
Dunno

Somewhere on YouTube there's a video of Bruno getting absolutely raped by Ronaldo for anyone daring to look !!!!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ha

Well I couldn't find the one where Ronaldo made him look silly but he does screw up for both goals in this one ;)

https://youtu.be/wnmAkHDmJXA

That link is blocked already by La Liga (Media Pro), using my iPad!

At first I thought it was a warning that "Some fans of Bruno might find these images disturbing without parental guidance".

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I cannot disagree with that. I am hoping that experience will buy a yard because he is going to need it :)

Oh, experience will be him an extra yard, maybe (slightly) more; it's the buying of five yards that concerns me. That said, I'll get a strop if he isn't given the opportunity to allay my concern.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Hughton put out this team for the first half against Dussledorf on Friday.
It looks very much like his preferred best team from the players he had available.
Ryan wasn't on the trip resting from the Confed Cup and Baldock had picked up a slight injury.
Maenpaa; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Kayal, March; Gross; Murray.
as a 4-4-1-1 . Gross playing in that advanced #10 role

How many of that 11 do you expect to start on August 12th ?

Would have been interesting to find out if Rene and Renato would have been a starter...

Is that our best line up ?

Assuming AK will recover from his injury (prays) , and that a few more signings are incoming then who are nailed on starters for our first ever Prem match ?

Ok. Athletico over . Then a fairly good idea of the starting 11 for next week. Given that Kayal has taken a knock and expect Propper to sign in the morning. (He's had a full pre-season with PSV so should be ready to play). Murray will return after that inexplicable suspension as the 1 up front assuming no incoming striker. And Knockaert must be a risk to start given he only played 30 mins today. Might have to start on the bench in which case Brown will come in for him.
Potentially we will start with 5 new faces/first choices compared to 16/17. Who said we haven't strengthened this summer?

Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Propper, March; Gross; Murray. 4-4-1-1

bench: Menapaa, Bong, Sidwell, Uwe, Brown, Baldock, (he's training again) Hemed.

No room at the Inn for: Goldson, Rosenior, Murphy, Skalak.

Perhaps too early for Baldock on the bench so possibly Murphy in for him.

Thoughts ?

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ok. I know expect the starting 11 to be next week. Given that Kayal has taken a knock and expect Propper to sign in the morning. (He's had a full pre-season with PSV so should be ready to play). Murray will return as the 1 up front assuming no incoming striker. And Knockaert must be a risk given he only played 30 mins today. Might have to start on the bench in which case Brown will come in for him.
Potentially we will start with 5 new faces.

Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Propper, March; Gross; Murray.

bench: Menapaa, Bong, Sidwell, Uwe, Brown, Baldock, (he's training again) Hemed.

Thoughts ?

I'd be happy with that. A new striker added to the mix would be a bonus, but, I suspect we will have to wait until later in the window for that one - I've no problem with that.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Ok. Athletico over . Then a fairly good idea of the starting 11 for next week. Given that Kayal has taken a knock and expect Propper to sign in the morning. (He's had a full pre-season with PSV so should be ready to play). Murray will return after that inexplicable suspension as the 1 up front assuming no incoming striker. And Knockaert must be a risk to start given he only played 30 mins today. Might have to start on the bench in which case Brown will come in for him.
Potentially we will start with 5 new faces.

Ryan; Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner; Knockaert, Stephens, Propper, March; Gross; Murray. 4-4-1-1

Thoughts ?

Would start Brown ahead of Knockaert simply due to match fitness.
I really hope Kayal is fit as he has had a good pre-season - he can be an important player for us this season
Cannot see Baldock on the bench so soon either.
Also think Rosenior is more likely to be on the bench than Bong if only because he can cover more positions.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Potentially we will start with 5 new faces/first choices compared to 16/17. Who said we haven't strengthened this summer?

Thoughts ?

Find it difficult to believe Propper will start.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Find it difficult to believe Propper will start.

He's played in the Europa League qualifiers for PSV so he's certainly match fit.
Guessing we're not buying him to be a squad player if he really is the reputed £12/13m+ etc.
but yep. Might ease him in via the bench etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If Bruno doesn't start every PL game, even if we get ripped apart down that flank, the fans need to rise up against the club. Bruno played in La Liga epochs ago, so he can quite obviously handle any left winger the PL can throw at him. Retiring the no.2 shirt, as well as the resignation of Barber, should be the very least demanded of the inept management.

That aside I do worry.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Thoughts ?

I agree

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
My line up would be:

Ryan
Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner;
Kayal, Propper (assuming he signs),
Knockaert, Gross, Brown,
Murray.
4-2-3-1

While fully expecting March to come on and inject a fresh attacking threat in the second half as sadly I don't think we can afford the luxury of playing 2 natural wingers in Knocky & March in this league.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My line up would be:

Ryan
Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Suttner;
Kayal, Propper (assuming he signs),
Knockaert, Gross, Brown,
Murray.
4-2-3-1

While fully expecting March to come on and inject a fresh attacking threat in the second half as sadly I don't think we can afford the luxury of playing 2 natural wingers in Knocky & March in this league.

No chance Stephens be dropped.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
No chance Stephens be dropped.

You're probably right as I'd imagine Propper will have to wait and take his chance assuming we sign him - but I'm assuming he'll eventually be looking at replacing Stephens or Kayal and Stephens will need to improve on today's performance IMO.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bruno is a fantastic footballer, very gifted with the ball. I'm not the first to mention this, but he could do a good job wide right in midfield, with a pacey RB behind him.

I agree with this. But without him at right back we have defeciency there. Rosenoir can play right midfield (instead of Murphy) and as well as Bruno.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here