Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Im struggling to understand this sudden upsurge in mock outrage directed towards The DUP in the past few hours.
I cant really remember anyone giving a toss about them previously yet suddenly and if by magic the left wing of politics suddenly and incredibly has a moral high position to uphold on the DUP.
This whole nouveau ridiculous stand point was highlighted last night by the usual cretins chanting outside parliament “ DUP off our streets”…..Umm Northern Ireland is part of the UK “streets” you planks, they have been democratically elected “onto our streets” for a number of years……why are you now having a hissy fit…..i must have missed all your other demos against them when you didnt give a toss..

Nice try.
I'm asking a genuine question to a poster who made his feelings on Corbyn's 'terrorist sympathies' very clear on here. I'd like to know what he thinks about The Tories getting in to bed with this lot, seeing as a lot of people seem to think they have dodgy connections themselves.

Anyway, the DUP have suddenly been thrust into the forefront of British politics and you wonder why people are talking about them? Why don't you just respond to the question instead of the usual text book alt-right what aboutery semantic dissection?

The right have been accusing Corbyn etc. of being terrorist sympathisers and trying to create a coalition of chaos. It seems we have that very situation right now, but with May in charge. You really couldn't make it up. What do you make of it all?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because, the UK Government is meant to be neutral, and act as a referee if you will , in any disputes between the parties at Stormont, if they are reliant on the DUP to keep them in power, it is debatable if they could be seen as completely neutral.

And westminster is not stormont,
Completely different kettle of fish

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Nope
Do you think it will lead to the troubles being reignited then.......how does that happen in your play book?

The DUP & SF were in an increasingly tense stalemate with the next deadline for Direct Rule approaching. A carefully considered intervention with both sides was needed to bring calm. The UK Government will hardly be able to continue to suggest it is neutral when in bed with the DUP and the prospect of power sharing is significantly undermined. It's not clear where this will go but the potential for NI to be thrown back into chaos is obviously heightened. It's not good & I struggle to comprehend how anyone can be content with these circumstances (excepting the DUP). All IMHO.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nice try.
I'm asking a genuine question to a poster who made his feelings on Corbyn's 'terrorist sympathies' very clear on here. I'd like to know what he thinks about The Tories getting in to bed with this lot, seeing as a lot of people seem to think they have dodgy connections themselves.

Anyway, the DUP have suddenly been thrust into the forefront of British politics and you wonder why people are talking about them? Why don't you just respond to the question instead of the usual text book alt-right what aboutery semantic dissection?

The right have been accusing Corbyn etc. of being terrorist sympathisers and trying to create a coalition of chaos. It seems we have that very situation right now, but with May in charge. You really couldn't make it up. What do you make of it all?

nice try
i questioned why people were suddenly fake outraged not why they were suddenly being talked about
why were you not outraged at the existence of the DUP last week yet now furious.
Hypocrites is the answer you are looking for

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
And westminster is not stormont,
Completely different kettle of fish

How are they a completely different kettle of fish? The DUP, are the DUP whether they are in Stormont or Westminster, the same as the Scottish Tories are Scottish Tories whether in Edinburgh or Westminster. You are obviously clutching at straws now, go for a walk, it's a lovely day out there.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Nope
Do you think it will lead to the troubles being reignited then.......how does that happen in your play book?

The Good Friday agreement requires the Northern Ireland executive to be a power sharing one. This has come to be dominated by Sinn Fein and the DUP at the expense of the more moderate UUP and SDLP which was also reflected in the general election results. The power sharing agreement requires there to be an independent arbiter in the form of the British government. I'll let you work out what the big problem could be here.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
nice try
i questioned why people were suddenly fake outraged not why they were suddenly being talked about
why were you not outraged at the existence of the DUP last week yet now furious.

There's only one person throwing an outraged hissy fit on here snowflake, you. Did your mum delete all your favourite Kekistan memes by mistake or something?

Go away, and perhaps I can get an answer to my question from an adult at some point.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I was 'outraged' by the DUP last week but they weren't endorsed by the Government. I've always thought the DUP were scum, now I think the Government are for getting into bed with them. You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
nice try

Or, last week they had little impact on my life, now, they are propping up a minority Government , with a huge impact on my life.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
why do millions of others think differently to them?

Millions do? I didn't know that. Fascinating. Perhaps that's because they're not as qualified to make judgements on the intricacies and complexities of The Good Friday Agreement as Powell and O'Donnell and with all due respect, I'd value their opinion on this rather higher than yours.

It appears the only ones who have moved on from the troubles are the IRA and DUP. Yes they are in a bit of stalemate at the moment but neither want to go back to guns and bombs.

Meanwhile in the UK the battlelines are being drawn. Every lefty is an expert on the DUP and the left, including left wing press are emboldened by corbyn's resurgence.

Over on the right, the Tories are having to bring the DUP into play and putting them in a position where they are going to used as voting pawns in a game thrones.

I genuinely believe the old violent ways of both sides of the divide are in the past. They want to settle things in their favour,but the guns are packed away.

They are both being played by the UK parties for their own means and if their is any trouble ahead for the emerald Isle it will be the fault of Corbyn and May.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There's only one person throwing an outraged hissy fit on here snowflake, you. Did your mum delete all your favourite Kekistan memes by mistake or something?

Go away, and perhaps I can get an answer to my question from an adult at some point.

Aw bless.
Ill state for the record this will not lead to the troubles being reignited but i fully understand why supporters of Corbyn have in the last 24 hrs or so decided to unhelpfully push a return to conflict as a possible outcome and consequence.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
nice try

Is it not because a week ago they were an irrelevance? Now they are on the cusp of being at the heart of UK government. I'd say the circumstances have changed and they now need proper scrutiny and it would would appear they are anti abortion, LGBT hating, climate change denying terrorist sympathisers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is it not because a week ago they were an irrelevance? Now they are on the cusp of being at the heart of UK government. I'd say the circumstances have changed and they now need proper scrutiny and it would would appear they are anti abortion, LGBT hating, climate change denying terrorist sympathisers.

If you want to say MP`s that hold beliefs that abortion is wrong, being gay doesnt fit with their religion, climate change is questionable or held past sympathies with terrorists should all be exempt from The UK political process im all ears.......dodgy ground though isnt it

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you want to say MP`s that hold beliefs that abortion is wrong, being gay doesnt fit with their religion, climate change is questionable or held past sympathies with terrorists should all be exempt from The UK political process im all ears.......dodgy ground though isnt it

Perhaps not exempt from politics, but, certainly not legitimised by the standing Government of the day, in a shabby little deal in an effort to hang on to power by any means possible

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Anything with Democratic in the title is usually a sign. Democratic Republic of Congo is the 'less open' part I believe. Democratic People's Republics like North Korea and China double up on it. Yay for Democratic Unionist Party :-O

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

What I am saying is that those views should be scrutenised. If the Tories see fit to get into bed with a group who are anti abortion, LGBT hating, climate change denying terrorist sympathisers then that is on them. I personally can't see that going down well with the parts of the electorate that they need to attract and certainly does nothing for their reputation as the nasty party.

It is also rank hypocrisy having spent the last few weeks, months, years, banging on about how Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser who would form a Coalition of Chaos with Sinn Fein. But that is a seperate point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here