Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you know?

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Do you know when was the last time our lone striker (loanees excluded) scored a league goal in open play?

I have a feeling you have to go back to Sky Live game v Bournemouth back at the start of November 2014. If I am right how poor is that? surely it has to set some kind of record!!!

:facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounds pretty bad, but it's a pretty stupid random stat - not counting set pieces / not counting loanees (when often they WERE the lone striker - eg Bent v Wolves and Fulham in December) / not counting strikers playing wide (Baldock v Ipswich) / not counting Teixeira when playing at number 10 (Ipswich, etc).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Do you know when was the last time our lone striker (loanees excluded) scored a league goal in open play, at home, at a 3 o'clock kick-off, when it was sunny and there wasn't an 'R' in the month ?

If not, f*** off and stop posting drivel until you have the answer :bigwave:

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
The open play meant excluding pens. If excluded our main strikers League record this season is

O'Grady = 0 goals
Baldock = 3 goals
CMS = 1 goal
Colunga =1 goal

Whatever way you dress it up is a shabby record. Lets hope it changes tomorrow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you know when was the last time our lone striker (loanees excluded) scored a league goal in open play?

I have a feeling you have to go back to Sky Live game v Bournemouth back at the start of November 2014. If I am right how poor is that? surely it has to set some kind of record!!!

:facepalm:

Didn't Baldock score against Ipswich?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The open play meant excluding pens. If excluded our main strikers League record this season is

O'Grady = 0 goals
Baldock = 3 goals
CMS = 1 goal
Colunga =1 goal

Was Colunga ever a lone striker ??? but anyway it goes to show why it is stupid SOME people still insist on #blamestockdale for dropped points

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It just goes to show that you can moan about anything and find stats to back it up.

We've got a decent manager who's turned the team around but still people find something to moan about.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015

O'Grady = 0 goals
Baldock = 3 goals
CMS = 1 goal
Colunga =1 goal

Colunga. There's a name i totally forgot about. Maybe when/if we get him back he will be given another chance. Can't do worse than we already got. :albion2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Colunga. There's a name i totally forgot about. Maybe when/if we get him back he will be given another chance. Can't do worse than we already got. :albion2:

As far as I'm aware he isn't coming back. His loan was being converted to a sale at the end of the season.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just checked his Wiki stats. Said he's only played for them twice. ???

Wikipedia is useless for stuff like this, use Soccerbase or something like that, they are kept up to date game by game. He has started three times, plus once as a sub. He got sent off end of February so has missed some games, it is a pretty poor decision. 2:30 in this video.

Granada's keeper looks a bit dodgy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here