Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - the silence is deafening .....

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
If I were a betting man I'd go with the failed medical option as, save for Naylor's buckets of cold water, all the other reliable sources have gone very quickly from being pretty confident to either very quiet or 'something's happened' hints. The fact that BZ isn't being linked with other clubs points to him not being touted/touting himself around at this point, so I doubt it's about any potential deal that we offered not being good enough. All good fun speculation whatever.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As I have said on a number of occasions we offered BZ a 1 year contract but he/his agent wanted 2 years.
All gone cold in the past 3 weeks....

Give him the deal & stop the penny pinching, got £10,000,000 profit in the bank & can't spend another million on it to get promoted but we can load on on irrelevant keepers and dull defensive midfielders

Give him the deal & stop the penny pinching, got £10,000,000 profit in the bank & can't spend another million on it to get promoted but we can load on on irrelevant keepers and dull defensive midfielders

Would you sign him for 2 years? I for one wouldn't. Give him a one year contract I say with the option of another year. Suspect his agent is talking with other clubs & if there is little interest he will join us in a months time. Just a hunch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested in the press he has been offered a contract in India and the MLS which would be more lucrative for him. I would sooner go for an out and out attacking midfielder like Lewis McGuggan to complement our recent signings and Baldock.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Much though I would be interested to see BZ back, if we were going to stop the penny pinching, I would rather we did it for some sort of in his prime or enormous potential superstar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm telling you.

Zamora on NSC page 1 = signing someone else.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Two clues - seagullwedgee & JamtheMan are both reliable, so there was definitely something in it. Then it all went cold.

'tis very kind of you to say!

My source (brother in law) is still absolutely adamant that he spoke to him at the training ground.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have heard nothing more, but you should believe me (and I will not reveal my sources) it was virtually done, and may still be done.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

10m profit?? Which annual accounts have you been reading?

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Would you sign him for 2 years? I for one wouldn't. Give him a one year contract I say with the option of another year. Suspect his agent is talking with other clubs & if there is little interest he will join us in a months time. Just a hunch.
Absolutely 2 years would be the perfect contract - we will need a proven League 1 striker for the 2016-17 season if we want a chance of getting promoted back to the Championship.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Still waiting to be convinced that it would be money well spent. Baffled by the obsession so many on here have. 35 in jan, has ongoing injury issues esp with hip & back. Would be a ludicrous waste of money.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Still waiting to be convinced that it would be money well spent. Baffled by the obsession so many on here have. 35 in jan, has ongoing injury issues esp with hip & back. Would be a ludicrous waste of money.

Don't know how it can be described as a ludicrous waste of money unless you know how much it would take to gain his signature and how he would perform over the term of the contract.
I predict that you will be very happy with him this time next year, if it happens.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008

He has a touch of proven class at a higher level , he scored possibly last years goal of the season and he loves Brighton . He will add a lot off the pitch as well and act as a catalyst for a successful season . He will be a huge asset if we are really looking to achieve something next season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I just wonder if there may be no news because there never was any in the first place. Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here