Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB and the board

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well clearly you have not been paying attention for the last few months. Just about everything at the club has been questioned on here and on the Albion Roar and everywhere else no doubt.

Questioned on here by a minority of the total support and on a small local radio station. . I dont know what their listening figures are but I dont know anybody who listens to it. That is not knocking the station as they probably do a good job but are not indictive of general support.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
I really hope that someone remembered to put a relegation clause in every single one of the player contracts. I don't want some over priced lazy good for nothing playing for my team in League One next season.

Not our team anymore. We are but CUSTOMERS :moo:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
We're not the only club that's suffered, we finished in the top 6 for the last 2 seasons, so a lot better than most. Our failure this season is not because of FFP, it's because of some poor decisions in the transfer market combined with a new manager who didn't work out.

exactly. I would also add that when you get close and fail several players get in the window for the Premier league and the players believe they can make the jump. So when the sharks come sniffing over the summer you suddenly go from a decent team with the chance of promotion the following season to a squad with much less potential and some cash. It can be hard to get good players in, and if your decisions are poor (as ours were) then you get the perfect storm. I anticipate that if Derby don't go up through the play offs, they will have a clear out and might lose McLaren and this could put them back, like it did us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Put simply it means we will tell them anything and they will accept it without question.

However your original post appeared to insinuate that a board member had publicly stated that this was their attitude to the supporters. You've not provided the link yet

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Questioned on here by a minority of the total support and on a small local radio station. . I dont know what their listening figures are but I dont know anybody who listens to it. That is not knocking the station as they probably do a good job but are not indictive of general support.

Well I would guess then that the silent majority are happy to let the board rectify their past errors and leave others to make up guff on an internet message board.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why do we appear to be the only club that has suffered because of FFP .

We haven't.

The losses made in the last two seasons, under FFP, are the largest in the history of the club.

You are simply feeling sorry for yourself and making the board and FFP a convenient scapegoat.

Nothing has been said by the board about relegation being beneficial. For a start the TV revenues in L1 are about £4.5 million lower than those of the Championship. Crowds will be lower, even if we are doing well, as away teams will bring far fewer to the Amex. Commercial contracts have relegation clauses built into them too.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
But your original post to me implies that the Board could not give a toss as to whether we are relegated or not. I would agree that, in the longer term, we would bounce back and it would not be all doom and gloom, as pointed out by father_and_son above.

But in the short term, I am sure they will be as gutted as everyone else.

bloom maybe , perhaps not the rest of the board as they are not supporters /fans of the club so can only really be in it for an investment , it was a 5 year plan three years ago...no...???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
However your original post appeared to insinuate that a board member had publicly stated that this was their attitude to the supporters. You've not provided the link yet

Sorry if that is how you have read it. This is just how it appears to me with the continuance of the abysmal season with no signs of improvement or apparent pressure exerted on the team or manager. Obviously we are not privy to what CH may have been told but there is no indication of dissatisfaction conveyed to the supporters from the club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry if that is how you have read it.
That's how you wrote it.
This is just how it appears to me with the continuance of the abysmal season with no signs of improvement or apparent pressure exerted on the team or manager.
What pressure are you wanting the board to put on the players and manager?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sorry if that is how you have read it. This is just how it appears to me with the continuance of the abysmal season with no signs of improvement or apparent pressure exerted on the team or manager. Obviously we are not privy to what CH may have been told but there is no indication of dissatisfaction conveyed to the supporters from the club.

Why do you think internal discussions between the board and management should be conveyed to supporters?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

don't often agree with you, but you are absolutely right 19000 st holders next season. the board with TB and PB should be making video's explaining to those fans where it all went wrong this season, everyone seems be having a blame game moment but heres a novel idea ....................the blame lies where the buck stops.
the club are ultra lucky to have such loyal supporters who put their hands in their pockets no matter what.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why do you think internal discussions between the board and management should be conveyed to supporters?

maybe because they are paying up every week ......................have we ever had any transparency from them

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I dont but when the criticism of the summer transfer dealings caused concern TB was quick to say lets look when the transfer window closes. In one of the press releases since Easter he or PB could re-assuringly said they are concerned but will do everything possible to alleviate that threat but I dont remember that happening or if it did I must have missed it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are they taking us supporters for idiots saying that anything is good enough for them doesnt matter if we get relegated. We'll just give them so more flannel.

I dont but when the criticism of the summer transfer dealings caused concern TB was quick to say lets look when the transfer window closes. In one of the press releases since Easter he or PB could re-assuringly said they are concerned but will do everything possible to alleviate that threat but I dont remember that happening or if it did I must have missed it.

Right. And you wouldn't have considered that to be 'some more flannel'?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In one of the press releases since Easter he or PB could re-assuringly said they are concerned but will do everything possible to alleviate that threat but I dont remember that happening or if it did I must have missed it.
Let me get this right - you want TB to tell us that he's concerned? Of course he's ****ing concerned. I'm sure he cares a lot more about this club than the majority of people here.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was that apparent to supporters at Wgan.? Do the team care, as they dont seem to show it?
I'm not speaking for the team. No doubt a lot are frustrated, and feel that they're (individually) a lot better than 20th in the Championship. But you were talking about TB, and that's who I'm talking about. It's blindingly obvious he cares a great deal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not taking Kermorgant for £750k is just a bad transfer decision, it's not the sole result of FFP. It's not like we haven't been prepared to spend more than that on players. Of course FFP (and how much TB is willing to throw at our club and its spectacularly ungrateful fans) has a bearing on how much we can spend, but it's not the reason we are 20th in the league.

Was it really that bad a decision. Hindsight is a marvellous thing. Kermorgant 79 goals in 391 appearances and aged 32 whereas Baldock's record was 72 goals in 208 and aged only 25 (records at the end of last season taken from Wiki). Kermorgant didn't actually hit the heights in French football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here