Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kazenga Lua Lua: post-Albion

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Loved Kaz - he was capable of some truly wonderful stuff, and was brilliantly unpredictable with it. It made for an interesting watch, as I never knew what might happen. He linked up superbly with Vicente at times back then, and akin to the dagger I’ll miss him greatly.

Good luck Kazenga Lua Lua :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Injuries took their toll but some magnificent moments in Albion history for KLL too, wish him all the best at his new club :thumbsup:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
lualua hero.jpg

Goodbye Kaz, you were a photoshopping dream.
*steps over, drops shoulder, and speeds away from the club*

Not all the Sunderland fans seem to be happy tbf:

Quote from RTG:

Lualua whatever happens and whatever you say, you are and always will be a f*cking dirty mag c*unt. I sincerely hope Cattermole breaks your leg in training before you ever touch a ball in a red and white shirt....

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Not all the Sunderland fans seem to be happy tbf:

Quote from RTG:

Lualua whatever happens and whatever you say, you are and always will be a f*cking dirty mag c*unt. I sincerely hope Cattermole breaks your leg in training before you ever touch a ball in a red and white shirt....

Wow! They have some anger issues there.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
He made you start edging up out of your seat in anticipation of what was to come next , in any situation Kaz was a player i loved to watch even when he was having a bad game his sheer love of the game was obvious in his overblown frustration with himself , the saddest thing about losing Kazenga is that his signature song was very catchy and easy to learn as even the ESU were known to join in at times , so long Kazenga , LUA LUA .

[yt]Q1472rWXm3M[/yt]
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I have an irrational hatred for Sunderland based on the one fan I know being a massive ****. I really hope they go down this season and languish in league 1 for years. Hopefully Kaz gets a great move being a free agent at the end of the season, and is their one brightish spark in an otherwise miserable season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well we knew the day was coming and I know he wasn't going to play for us in the PL, but I'm still totally deflated by Kaz's leaving. To any saying that he was frustrating, or that he didn't live up to his promise, I say the same could be applied to Peter Cook and I've been more entertained from one line of his than from the whole comedy output of ITV during their entire existence. We have had so much entertainment from Kaz that I'm entirely happy to overlook any of the negatives and say Thanks for everything and the best of luck in the barrel of loons that is Sunderland.

A few of my favourite memories:

Seeing him turn up at Withdean on loan and looking like Maradona up against Div 1 defenders;
The whole NSC thread about his potential signing, especially Edna's undercover reports from the airport;
The goals and the flips and the look on my kid's faces when he did either;
The performance against Palace on St Patrick's day when he worked his knackers off in a personal battle against Zaha that he won hands down;
Kazenga Art, obviously;
The day he sped his car past my daughter in an empty Amex carpark. She happily told everyone that he nearly ran her over;
The goal in the Forest game in the first game of 2015 that allowed us to start singing ''We're top of the league!"
The Twitter drivel;
The endless times he relieved the pressure by drawing a tackle from a Championship defender and rolling over their lunge to pick up a free kick. Like Wiley Coyote going off the cliff, we all knew what was going to happen but it was always funny when it did;
The pee-taking against the Reading defenders that is in the linked videos.

Thanks Kaz. Just Thanks.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
There was that spell when he first joined that it almost felt unfair we were allowed a player that good in that division.

He would cut inside and, in the moments it took for him to take his next touch, the thoughts running through my head were "he's gonna smack it! He's gonna smack it!"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Strange to think that just a couple of seasons ago he started the season on fire. I think it was 6 or 7 goals in about the same number of games and then he got injured.

Editing all his best bits together he looks world class but he failed to get any belief from Hughton. For a mainly right footed player he wasn't bad at crossing with his weaker foot and probably had a better weaker foot than Knocky, Izquierdo and March. He would always win freekicks in dangerous areas as well which would be handy in the Prem.

I think it's a shame for the amount of time he was with us that he never made any appearances in the Prem. He never took the piss like Leon Best or Kemy Agustien and was always a good member of the squad. Even the fact that he is a black player he didn't win the sentiment or encouragement from Hughton. The only real difference I can see between Izquierdo and Kaz is one seems to be more injury prone.

He has been a great servant to the club and I wish him all the best. At 27 he is still young and should still have a good career in front of him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So much raw talent and promise, just what went wrong....

Good KLL

I don't think anything did go wrong as such, prolific for us in League One back at the Withdean, and did a pretty fair job in the Championship too. Just not Permier League class unfortunately. Injuries have taken their toll too..

Kaz has done as well as l think he could, and he should have no regrets. Thanks for the memories, and good luck to him I say.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good luck Kaz. Thank you for the memories. You are a STAR in our eyes and we really hope you regain that form we witnessed. Brighton and Sunderland fans look forward to many of your goal celebrations soon.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Strange to think that just a couple of seasons ago he started the season on fire. I think it was 6 or 7 goals in about the same number of games and then he got injured.

Editing all his best bits together he looks world class but he failed to get any belief from Hughton. For a mainly right footed player he wasn't bad at crossing with his weaker foot and probably had a better weaker foot than Knocky, Izquierdo and March. He would always win freekicks in dangerous areas as well which would be handy in the Prem.

I think it's a shame for the amount of time he was with us that he never made any appearances in the Prem. He never took the piss like Leon Best or Kemy Agustien and was always a good member of the squad. Even the fact that he is a black player he didn't win the sentiment or encouragement from Hughton. The only real difference I can see between Izquierdo and Kaz is one seems to be more injury prone.

He has been a great servant to the club and I wish him all the best. At 27 he is still young and should still have a good career in front of him.
Amen to that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even the fact that he is a black player he didn't win the sentiment or encouragement from Hughton.

Wow. That jarred.

I think Hughton is WAY beyond "giving a brother a chance". Frankly, I can't believe you've even brought race into it. How is that relevant ?? He'll stand or fall by his ability and performances, just like any other player in the squad, regardless of colour.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here