Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Sheffield Wednesday *** Official Match Thread ***

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
kayal has no nerves....the guy is a machine , a whitish michael essien , if sidwell %stephens can back him up we will piss this league......willthe right team get played...?? stockdale , bruno , goldson , greer , rosenior , sidwell , stephens , kayal , murphy , baldock , wilson..........goodnight wednesday.....:thumbsup: bench..manananapeaaeeena , inigo , dunk , lualua , skalaka , knocckaert......swap knockaert for sidwell if you wish..xx

No Hemed? And why have you only picked six subs. You're allowed seven ;) Or are you so confident that we don't need a seventh?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
2-0
to the good guys

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Mildly concerened we are due to concede a goal or 2 and have a shit home performance.
Add that Sheff Wed are on the back of a bad result and will get a reaction I am not looking forward to this one as much as i should be.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Mildly concerened we are due to concede a goal or 2 and have a shit home performance.
Add that Sheff Wed are on the back of a bad result and will get a reaction I am not looking forward to this one as much as i should be.

Hopefully we will also get a reaction on the back of our own disappointing result at Preston.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hopefully we will also get a reaction on the back of our own disappointing result at Preston.

mmm was it though..... i think it was a fairly decent point, certainly losing 1-0 at Rotherham will give them a kick up the back side I am sure.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We have such a crap record against this lot and haven't even scored a goal since Keith Andrews last minute equaliser in a horrible 1-1 draw back in 2013. A draw would be an ok result, even if it'd put pressure on us to win 4 out of our 5 remaining home games after tonight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
mmm was it though..... i think it was a fairly decent point, certainly losing 1-0 at Rotherham will give them a kick up the back side I am sure.

Yes, it was. Very disappointing.

We needed 13 points out of 15 before Easter to stay on track for top 2.

Leeds went to script. To get the draw at Preston was disappointing, and means we now need 3 wins before Easter ( before the 'must-win' vs Burnley ).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Yes, it was. Very disappointing.

We needed 13 points out of 15 before Easter to stay on track for top 2.

Leeds went to script. To get the draw at Preston was disappointing, and means we now need 3 wins before Easter ( before the 'must-win' vs Burnley ).

I've seen you write this three or four times now and it's utter ****.
We don't need to win the next three to 'stay on track' for the top 2. Neither is Burnley a 'must-win'.
We need 86/87 points. It matters not when and how we get them.

Oh and a draw at Preston was fine by any reasonable adjudication.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
We don't need to win the next three to 'stay on track' for the top 2. Neither is Burnley a 'must-win'.

I'm a bit puzzled why certain BHA fans think that a draw at Preston is a poor result. We need to average 2 points a game and since the end of ' the blip ' we have taken 20 points from 9 games. In my book, a win at Preston would have been a bonus. We need to win five of our remaining six home games and two of five away. In effect, seven wins, two draws and two defeats and that will be pretty close to an automatic spot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
No Hemed? And why have you only picked six subs. You're allowed seven ;) Or are you so confident that we don't need a seventh?

yes no hemed.....we'll put him on the bench then...ok....??? bobby can keep wrapped up tonight....lets do these northern monkeys good and proper.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
At the very least it's the correct format, so 2-1 to the good guys

Part of me is a little disappointed that [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] hasn't started it off. It looked like he had made a right old mess of things for the last home game, but CLEARLY some of his changes have worked a treat.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Pretty gutted to be honest.

Bought 3 tickets for tonight in WSU and was bringing a friend who has only recently moved to this area and he was really looking forward to his first visit to the Amex.

We all 3 have the dreaded lurgy and feel so :shit: that we won't be able to make it. Damned annoyed:angry::tantrum:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
let's do these northern dins....please , if we cant do them can we draw 2 all please.....:thumbsup:

Being, ahem, old, I have been rather baffled by the occasional use of the word 'din' as a term of, I assume derision. I have done some research online (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Din) and assume it is the third use of the word that applies in the present case (absolutely smashing examples of usage are provided on this website, too, I'm sure you will agree):

Din
1.A girl.
"Yoo bro, check out that din."
"Damm dude, she is hot!"

2.A word that can take place of any noun, basically like jawn.
"Yoo dude can I have some of the pepsi?"
"Sorry man, all we have is ginger-din."

"(points to the tv remote) Yo brah pass me that din so i can change the channel"

3.A stupid or annoying person.
"Stop acting like a stupid din."
"Shutup dude!"

Ginger-din? I assume that would be Neil Kinnock. Now I really feel like I'm 'in the know'. :lolol::shootself

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Part of me is a little disappointed that [MENTION=13230]Psychobilly freakout[/MENTION] hasn't started it off.

I agree, my first thought when I saw the title was 'Arrgggghh the stars match, now we won't win 4-0' :)

Stumpy Tim

It could be said they're on the back of four bad results to be fair. Like they were in good form a couple of weeks ago, now they're not. Good time to play them in reality

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

86/87 wont be enough this season. We need 8 wins and 2 draws from the last 11.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here