Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi tv guide-find channels easily

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
I cannot recommend enough a paradox build for KODI, it has pre-installed the majority of useful add-ons.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Is anybody experiencing any problems loading Kodi through the amazon fire stick? The app is not loading on mine, I go to open it and it brings me to the main menu at the start, even tried loading through the ES file explorer app, no joy. Restarted the stick and unplugged at mains, no luck. Am tempted to uninstall and reinstall, but want to avoid that if possible.

Edit, solved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXp_GSJR84M
For anyone who gets same problem

Last edited:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Sorry to bounce this thread, but I was stuck. My Android box arrived today and I have been fiddling with it since I got home at 7. None of the add ons I added would let me watch Sky Sports, so I've signed up for a month with StreamboxTV. I've got Sky Sports news on at the moment, but it is buffering the whole time. Does being outside of the UK make a difference?

I know I'm being a bit of a dummy, but I so want to watch the game tonight!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry to bounce this thread, but I was stuck. My Android box arrived today and I have been fiddling with it since I got home at 7. None of the add ons I added would let me watch Sky Sports, so I've signed up for a month with StreamboxTV. I've got Sky Sports news on at the moment, but it is buffering the whole time. Does being outside of the UK make a difference?

I've almost given up watch live sport streaming on mine. It is Kodi 14 on an old MacMini, but it plays movies on Exodus, Pheonix etc. faultlessly at 1080p, and I have reasonably reliable 50mb broadband. However, try watching anything streaming like Sky Sports and there is more buffering than a Falmer train queue at 5pm on a Saturday home game (remember those...).

I was wondering whether to buy a new box as the MacMini is only a Intel Core Duo from about 13 years ago and the Kodi 14 build is pretty old now (the newest version I can get on the mini)...

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If your Mac Mini works well with movies but not with sports it isn't the capabilities of the Mac that is the problem. Actually think it is the worldwide popularity of Kodi and so many people watching those streams that means their servers are having trouble. Just got to find alternative streams if you can.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011

Try Sports Nation HD - Its a premium service but its amazing. £50 for the year of you can sign up for the month at £7. Has all the games always with a perfect stream and no messing.

The best kept secret of Kodi.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If your Mac Mini works well with movies but not with sports it isn't the capabilities of the Mac that is the problem. Actually think it is the worldwide popularity of Kodi and so many people watching those streams that means their servers are having trouble. Just got to find alternative streams if you can.

I might just get a fire stick to see. Not much lost in giving it a go. Might well be the Mac chugging away...

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011

Hi, I have a fire stick and have the streamtvbox add on installed. I play all HD channels, even the Ultra HD NFL and all work perfectly without buffering. Is your internet sufficient to be able to stream. I have 100mb from virgin Media and have no problems? Other thing to do is contact Streamtvbox on twitter, they have a live chat feature and others may be able to troubleshoot with you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi.

New to this Kodi malarkey, and having a fine old time with films and TV programmes, through Exodus.

But I'm struggling to get any live sport via sportsdevil.

Not that I want to watch the Burnley game, but as it's on if anyone is watching can you give me a step by step guide from home page to live feed.

Ta Muchly.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Hi.

New to this Kodi malarkey, and having a fine old time with films and TV programmes, through Exodus.

But I'm struggling to get any live sport via sportsdevil.

Not that I want to watch the Burnley game, but as it's on if anyone is watching can you give me a step by step guide from home page to live feed.

Ta Muchly.
Depending on your patience level, you might find the 'live' Kodi experience incredibly frustrating.

I found that i spent more time clicking on dead links and experiencing buffering, than was worth it. In the end i decided to only use it for films/tv, and pay for live sports content through the official channels. Life's too short!

Each to their own.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Thank you to everyone who has given me advice. I still haven't managed to watch a football match yet, but I did get to see Soccer Saturday at the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
If you have an android device I would recommend downloading the Mobdro app for live sport. As far as free streaming live sports it one of the easiest and best ways I've found. Especially handy on your phone and even has the ability to play on your TV if you have a Chromecast.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Try Sports Nation HD - Its a premium service but its amazing. £50 for the year of you can sign up for the month at £7. Has all the games always with a perfect stream and no messing.

The best kept secret of Kodi.

Out of interest, to whom does that £50 a year go to?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Out of interest, to whom does that £50 a year go to?

The team that manage the addon and make sure the streams are a) always working well and b) they aren't over subscribed reducing quality.

Check it out - you wont be disappointed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The team that manage the addon and make sure the streams are a) always working well and b) they aren't over subscribed reducing quality.

Check it out - you wont be disappointed.

I'm sure I won't be disappointed with what is offered, it's the 'team' behind it that's the issue for me. Drugs, organised crime, people trafficking, prostitution, all activities said to form part of the networks that are providing the facility to access things like movies, sport and other content illegally. Each to their own, and at least Murdock gets less of your cash. :shrug:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I'm sure I won't be disappointed with what is offered, it's the 'team' behind it that's the issue for me. Drugs, organised crime, people trafficking, prostitution, all activities said to form part of the networks that are providing the facility to access things like movies, sport and other content illegally. Each to their own, and at least Murdock gets less of your cash. :shrug:

Do you believe everything you read. If people are involved in drugs and prostitution then I doubt they are going to piss about with a kodi add-on.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Do you believe everything you read. If people are involved in drugs and prostitution then I doubt they are going to piss about with a kodi add-on.

Do you believe what you read then? Counterfeiters have been associated with horrendous criminal activity for a long time, what makes you think something like this isn't? If it's that slick, that efficient and that good, then it ain't being done by a two bit outfit in their spare bedroom is it? Like I said, neither paying money to the counterfeiters, nor Murdock is particularly palatable, one is an underhand organisation bent on ruining people's lives, the other are reprogramming media boxes and taking money that never makes it to the people who earn it. You take your choice, and the TV license goes up £12 a month soon too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here