Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The petition is asking for him to come on an official visit, which is what Obama and Bush jnr did long before they had a state visit. It involves politicians meeting politicians and talking about trade deals, alliances etc. All political stuff.

A state visit is an entirely different kettle of fish, involving red carpets, riding in a state carriage through London, going to Buckingham Palace and being received as an honoured guest by the Queen.

Edit to add the evidence of my first paragraph.
[tweet]826004023262199808[/tweet]

Understood, thanks for the explanation! That I did not know, I still think this petition is a bit pointless: there is no way they will cancel it, imagine what it would do to UK/US relations, we've already alienated the whole of Europe with brexit i don't think adding the US to that list would be a wise move.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
No matter what the situation, the fact remains that a whole nation is banned from 16 countries due to their passport.

Are you arguing that the situation is irrelevant? There would hardly be an outcry if the states Trump has singled out already banned their citizens from entering the US would there?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No it's not. You have to do more than just click on a link to register your support for the petition.

the same lemmings that sign these means it's essentially click bait. It's in the mould of let's say. Designed for the raging liberal of today to think they've done something before 7-10 seconds after they've signed they go back to making quinoa salad (as I think someone said on here earlier, which was quite apt and very funny I thought). It's nothing but social media pass it on. And almost as childish. If people had to register their views by writing a letter, envelope and post (i.e. Proper effort and forking out for a stamp, I reckon this 'revolution' would be stopped dead in its tracks). its just hyperbole and it's not the way our country should be run.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
How about trying to stop it before it happens?

Is there any rush to quashing your fears and stopping him invading Mexico, invading Canada,gassing people and completing his world domination plans though.

I cant see him completing your fears in one term in office,and surely world domination will take longer that 8 years even if he gets re elected,the next president may just call it off at that stage.....so your rather high ended concerns seem somewhat unfounded.
Cant see any benefits to invading Mexico either, Canada maybe.....its very pretty.

And cant imagine Queeny being embarrassed at all as the petition states, nice of all these people to be concerned for her though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
the same lemmings that sign these means it's essentially click bait. It's in the mould of let's say. Designed for the raging liberal of today to think they've done something before 7-10 seconds after they've signed they go back to making quinoa salad (as I think someone said on here earlier, which was quite apt and very funny I thought). It's nothing but social media pass it on. And almost as childish. If people had to register their views by writing a letter, envelope and post (i.e. Proper effort and forking out for a stamp, I reckon this 'revolution' would be stopped dead in its tracks). its just hyperbole and it's not the way our country should be run.

Something along the lines during the fight for falmer when postcards and other things were sent. All this signing on-line petitions is very luvvie to the extreme.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He's not doing that. He's presiding over a barrage of misinformation that is designed to intimidate innocent people. His sidekick has apparently told Boris Johnson that the travel ban won't apply to dual citizens like Mo Farah, while the US embassy in London is say that anyone with dual citizenship with Somalia, like Mo Farah, won't be granted permission to render the US.

All that Trump is interested in is being seen to be posturing. Honest government doesn't concern him at all.

The barrage of misinformation seems to be coming from the huge majority of left journalists and news stations in the US. I'm not saying Trump is perfect by any means. I'm not interested in what someone has apparently told someone.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Is there any rush to quashing your fears and stopping him invading Mexico, invading Canada,gassing people and completing his world domination plans though.

I cant see him completing your fears in one term in office,and surely world domination will take longer that 8 years even if he gets re elected,the next president may just call it off at that stage.....so your rather high ended concerns seem somewhat unfounded.
Cant see any benefits to invading Mexico either, Canada maybe.....its very pretty.

And cant imagine Queeny being embarrassed at all as the petition states, nice of all these people to be concerned for her though.

Well I didn't mention him invading Canada or Mexico at all, all I am saying is that if you don't like heinous crimes, you should prevent them from happening. After his first TEN days the US is now in a constitutional crisis and Trump will use the weakness of Congress and the Judiciary to grab power. It doesn't look good at all.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How about trying to stop it before it happens?

Then you do not understand what click bait is.
I do, I'm just not going by the Concise Oxford Dictionary definition of, It's in the mould of - people just click type s couple of words and disappear off to finish their coffee believing they've done their bit. It's pathetic and pointless as others have said.

As an a side, getting increasingly sick of the anti Brexit and anti trump groups not respecting democractic process. Take away the vote, I'm fine with that, if you don't believe the outcome should be respected. But don't give it to people and then cry foul against everything the ruling party try to do. Might as well give everyone guns and say let's get this over with ie a civil war. Trumps an idiot and we all know that. But he's THEIR idiot and what's more they have ways of handling him, he's now some all powerful king that gets his way just by signing a few documents. Everyone needs to pipe down and let politicians do their work. This constant anti trump rhetoric all the time over here is just getting boring now.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The order just seems backwards full stop, the US has a ridiculously arduous vetting system already. All this order will do is turn muslims away from the west and towards extremist groups, it plays directly into there hands.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Something along the lines during the fight for falmer when postcards and other things were sent. All this signing on-line petitions is very luvvie to the extreme.
Watching all these 'Tolerant Liberals' having a melt down is incredible to watch. The same with Brexit.
I'm not a Trump fan by the way but people need to get over not getting the political result they want.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The dick heads are all out protesting in the streets now.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
ba.JPG

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Watching all these 'Tolerant Liberals' having a melt down is incredible to watch. The same with Brexit.
I'm not a Trump fan by the way but people need to get over not getting the political result they want.

As far as I'm aware they've not stood in the way of him taking up the job he was legally and correctly elected to. They're just making their opposition to his policies heard as loudly as possible now he's in - the sign of a true democracy.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
As far as I'm aware they've not stood in the way of him taking up the job he was legally and correctly elected to. They're just making their opposition to his policies heard as loudly as possible now he's in - the sign of a true democracy.
Like I said having a melt down.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The dick heads are all out protesting in the streets now.

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to London.
Off we went with a trumpty trump, trump trump trump.
Didn't we have a lovely time the night we went protesting,
Off we went with the lovely left, moan moan moan.

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
I'm not aware than banning stuff ever achieved anything - as odious as the bloke is. He has, of course, just confirmed in writing that the West is anti-muslim.

Muslim's are not all suicide bombers - but all suicide bombers are muslim.

I'm anti-suicide bombers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here