Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stagish things to do in Berlin.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
As I'm sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will attest, FC Magnet is a great little bar in Mitte and will accommodate you happily. Genuinely friendly place.

Word of warning if you do go to BFC Dynamo. They do have a few characters that are not overly friendly and so it's a good idea to be a bit sensible.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Go to the Olympic Stadium. The stadium is okay but there is a girl who works behind the gift counter shop there who is posibly the most stunning female I have ever seen with the loveleist pair of bristols this side of the iron curtain. You won't regret it.

Go up the TV tower
Find the cabin in the Tiergarten that sells the best beer and pizza in Berlin, into the night. It's a full size cabin, sit down, shows all the matches, wood burning stoves, serves day and night with huge portions for cheap and top staff. We had a blinding time in there.
Eat in the polish quarter.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
This bar near Charlottenburg brews its own beer, well worth a visit;

http://www.lemke.berlin/schloss_charlottenburg/device.desktop/lang.en/

The Berliner Republik off Friedrichstraße is perfect for stag do's. Essentially a beer stock market, every so often the price of one of the beers will crash;

http://www.die-berliner-republik.de/en/

Off Friedrichstraße there is also a gin and tonic bar, well worth finding and a bit different.

At the Gerndarmenmarkt there is an Augistiner kellar, nice and big, used to large groups. Newton's next door is good for a late drink as well.

Am sure the guide book will tell you to go to Museum Island, but the German History Museum is superb.

Not really for a stag do, but if you want some culture, get the train out to Potsdam.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
As I'm sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will attest, FC Magnet is a great little bar in Mitte and will accommodate you happily. Genuinely friendly place.

Word of warning if you do go to BFC Dynamo. They do have a few characters that are not overly friendly and so it's a good idea to be a bit sensible.

Sound advice. Horrible nasty bunch at times. Probably best to avoid their ultra's section and not wear colours that may be mistaken for Hertha (ie Albion) or Union. A much hated club by other teams supporters due to their affiliation with the Stasi pre 1989. They used to win the East German league every year, but that is no achievement when the ref has usually been nobbled.

I'd never say don't go there but be cautious. If the game is on a Sunday, Mauer Park is very close to the stadium. After the match, If the weather is decent, its maybe worth a visit with lots going on - Flea market, outside entertainment, live bands etc etc. Always a nice friendly vibe and good place to chill if you fancy something more sedate after the night before and a Dynamo fixture.

Last edited:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Careful on the tube as you have to validate the ticket once you have bought it. The fat kraut who sold the ticket to me forgot to tell me that, so I thought that if you have a ticket that's that like in London. Ended up being ordered off the tube by some Turkish fiend ticket collector who then tried to fine me 60 euros.

Great place though. Not the best German city, but it's up there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Careful on the tube as you have to validate the ticket once you have bought it. The fat kraut who sold the ticket to me forgot to tell me that, so I thought that if you have a ticket that's that like in London. Ended up being ordered off the tube by some Turkish fiend ticket collector who then tried to fine me 60 euros.

Great place though. Not the best German city, but it's up there.

I guess you didn't see the "Please Validate Your a Ticket" written in English across the top of the ticket then?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Germany has some lovely cities, Berlin is pretty low down on that list. But it has some amazing things to see. I find the Germans to be a pain in the neck generally, they refuse to entertain the concept that they may not be 100% correct 100% of the time and the food is pretty basic/rank but they make a good beer and they seem to be apologetic about gassing millions of gypsies, jews and single mothers so, give em a break I say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany has some lovely cities, Berlin is pretty low down on that list. But it has some amazing things to see. I find the Germans to be a pain in the neck generally, they refuse to entertain the concept that they may not be 100% correct 100% of the time and the food is pretty basic/rank but they make a good beer and they seem to be apologetic about gassing millions of gypsies, jews and single mothers so, give em a break I say.

The art of trolling is to be a lot more subtle. Take this on board and try again.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
2 oberliga games on the Sunday for the sad groundhopper like myself.
Hurturkel v FC Frankfurt
Team Tennis Borrusia v Victoria Seelow both at 1300 local time.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bit much with the killing millions thing? I thought so.

German food is pretty rank though.

There is nothing rank about this;

3340.jpg

Not granted one of those nearly did for [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] in Hamburg, but they are still superb.

Also if enough of group eat them at the same time, the results can clear an S-Bahn train to the airport the next day....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

View attachment 72495

Not granted one of those nearly did for [MENTION=687]Carrot Cruncher[/MENTION] in Hamburg, but they are still superb.

Also if enough of group eat them at the same time, the results can clear an S-Bahn train to the airport the next day....

meat and potato?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

View attachment 72495

You are of course perfectly correct. Pork, enough crackling to sink a ship, and cabbage and spuds washed down with lager. The beauty is the simplicity of this dish. It also has the benefit of separating the men from the boys; maybe this is where The Clamp is coming from?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
You are of course perfectly correct. Pork, enough crackling to sink a ship, and cabbage and spuds washed down with lager. The beauty is the simplicity of this dish. It also has the benefit of separating the men from the boys; maybe this is where The Clamp is coming from?

What is not to like about the dish and the drink to go with it?

Currywurst at 3am, rather than kebab is always a winner as well. The fact you can get a lager with the currywurst just makes it even better.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is not to like about the dish and the drink to go with it?

Currywurst at 3am, rather than kebab is always a winner as well. The fact you can get a lager with the currywurst just makes it even better.

Agree. I noticed you mentioned Augustiner Brauhaus. I'm no stranger to their establishment and I like it. A few years ago, when my 1 litre beer arrived the neighbouring huge German couple gave me a knowing nod and ja-ja-ja. When the knuckle arrived they gave me a ja-ja-ja and a thumbs up. A satisfying moment when you're new and finding your feet in a strange city.

There's also Hofbrauhaus which is a more touristy, cheesier and naffer version but on a much larger scale with added traditional Bavarian music. It isn't cool, it's not cool at all, but I actually like this place more.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Agree. I noticed you mentioned Augustiner Brauhaus. I'm no stranger to their establishment and I like it. A few years ago, when my 1 litre beer arrived the neighbouring huge German couple gave me a knowing nod and ja-ja-ja. When the knuckle arrived they gave me a ja-ja-ja and a thumbs up. A satisfying moment when you're new and finding your feet in a strange city.

There's also Hofbrauhaus which is a more touristy, cheesier and naffer version but on a much larger scale with added traditional Bavarian music. It isn't cool, it's not cool at all, but I actually like this place more.

Not been to the Hofbrauhaus, but I did not really like their one in Munich, preferred the Augustiner kellar there as well. The Hoftbrau Garden in Berchtesgaden was quite pleasant, having been to see a certain person's former mountain retreat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not been to the Hofbrauhaus, but I did not really like their one in Munich, preferred the Augustiner kellar there as well. The Hoftbrau Garden in Berchtesgaden was quite pleasant, having been to see a certain person's former mountain retreat.

If you didn't like the München one you will not like the plastic Berlin one then. But, in Munich it's Augustiner all the way; their chestnut tree laden beer garden is wonderful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here