Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stronger or weaker than the squad that finished last season?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1 week away from the start of the season, which areas have we improved, and which areas are weaker?

Goalkeeper - Maenpaa in, Walton out on loan. Stronger.

Right Back - Rosenoir in. Stonger.

Central Defence - Halford & Hughes out. Much weaker.

Left Back - Bennett out, Bong in. Remains to be seen.

Central Mid - No changes.

Right wing - Carayol out. No replacement Weaker.

Left Wing - No change (still very weak)

Attacking mid - Lost Tex. No replacement. Weaker.

Stiker - Hemed in. CMS out. Stonger.

We're not any better off are we?

I've been a bit more positive mate!

Stronger beats weaker 5-4!

Golkeeper - Maenpaa in, Walton out on loan. Stronger.

Right Back - Rosenoir in with Bruno & Calde as support. Stronger.

Central Defence - Halford & Hughes out. Weaker.

Left Back - Bennett out, Bong in. Rosenoir as back up & Chicksen a year more experienced. Stronger

Central Mid - Crofts close to return & Stephens 100% fit. Stronger

Right wing - Carayol out. March injured again. No replacement. Weaker.

Left Wing - No change - Kaz has no competition (still very weak).

Attacking mid - Lost Tex. No replacement. Weaker.

Striker - Hemed in. Baldock to play as a centre forward & Clunge back. Best out CMS out. Stronger but no players to mount a serious challenge to Hemed & Baldock.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
All of this would be fair enough if it wasn't for the fact Hughton is a dour wasteman that will be binned off by Christmas when we still have single didgets in the goals scored column.

Unless we are bottom of the league he won't be booted out at Christmas, 3 years left on the contract + I think Bloom wouldn't mind a bit of stability.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All of this would be fair enough if it wasn't for the fact Hughton is a dour wasteman that will be binned off by Christmas when we still have single didgets in the goals scored column.

He'll have to walk, he won't get sacked but the problem will lie with insufficient quality recruitment not his managerial skills I fear.

theboybilly

I'm confident that Hemed and Rosenior will do well for us, but our lack of width is just ridiculous.

If I was Hughton, I'd have been experimenting with a formation like this in pre-season, just in case:

----------------------------Stockdale----------------------------------
---Rosenior---------Greer----------Dunk----------Bong----------
--------------------------------Ince--------------------------------------
--------------Kayal-------Stephens-----Holla/Crofts--------------
---------------------Hemed---------Baldcock-----------------------

Seems a good shout to me :thumbsup:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
i will decided after the transfer window to say if the squad is stronger or weaker then when we finish last season

Good call. I will reserve my judgement until all the signings/ loans are over.
On the optimistic side, Stephens missed a lot of last season, Crofts is back (hopefully) Ince has more experience, Kayal was not with us for the whole season, we have a decent right back in Rosenior, the left back could be decent. We have off loaded a few who needed to go.
I like to think that a CB will be coming in........this is a position that worries me atm.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Good call. I will reserve my judgement until all the signings/ loans are over.
On the optimistic side, Stephens missed a lot of last season, Crofts is back (hopefully) Ince has more experience, Kayal was not with us for the whole season, we have a decent right back in Rosenior, the left back could be decent. We have off loaded a few who needed to go.
I like to think that a CB will be coming in........this is a position that worries me atm.
i agree with you about the cb and the other areas that i am worried about are down the wings and we still need a creative midfielder and i dont think either lua lua and march will last 90 minutes a game and i dont want to see players like calderon or caskey as wide players because they are not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here