Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
6"1, 76kg. I don't generally pay a great deal of attention to my weight, etc. I run because it settles my mind and it's a healthier obsession than many of my others!

I am running in race number 1372, I'll be running in a Macmillan top and you can click the link below if you have a couple of quid to spare for them. :thumbsup:
www.justgiving.co.uk/kieranfuller

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Put on 750 pounds this afternoon. 80 on the two races before the National and then £670 on the National with Many Clouds.

Will be celebrating in The Hop Poles, Middle Street tomorrow afternoon, when I eventually get there.

Don't despair too much about the wind it has a lot of southerly in it and may move to the west as we get to the power station to blow us all to the finish line. Enjoy the day everyone!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put on 750 pounds this afternoon. 80 on the two races before the National and then £670 on the National with Many Clouds.

Will be celebrating in The Hop Poles, Middle Street tomorrow afternoon, when I eventually get there.

Don't despair too much about the wind it has a lot of southerly in it and may move to the west as we get to the power station to blow us all to the finish line. Enjoy the day everyone!

Well played !

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck tomorrow everyone.

We have one medal in the bag from the mini mile today, hoping for one from each run tomorrow to complete the set.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can pedestrians cross east to west tomorrow ? I mean, I have to get to Brighton Station from Hanover. Is it best to do so before a certain time ?

Edit: Found the information.

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Quietly buzzing for this. Did ParkRun around the start today. Expo was interesting - ate my own weight in protein bar samples and spoke to a Rotherham fan who's taking part.

As usual, I've had bugger all support, preparation or reasons to feel optimistic about it. But it'll be nice to see lots of people getting fuzzy about something communal.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
2 table spoons porridge, 2 table spoons ground Brazil nuts, cashews, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, dried apricot, raisins and a spoon of coconut fat. Bring to a boil.

Usually lovely but hard to get down at 6am. Now to embrace the day and see what the Gods have in store for us.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Younger brother just pulled out with knee swelling. DNS :tosser:

A hollow victory after 2 years of him thrashing me.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Younger brother just pulled out with knee swelling. DNS :tosser:

A hollow victory after 2 years of him thrashing me.

That's bad luck!

Porridge going down well. See you there I'm in the red pen, will probably position myself just in front of the four hour pacer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck everyone.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good luck to everyone taking part.......and the many hundreds of volunteers and helpers, without whom it wouldn't be possible to have an event that raises so much in money, awareness of those less fortunate than ourselves and fitness levels for participants.

Superb.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just leaving to go and cheer a few friends through the later stages.

Just checked and Tony Bloom hit half way point 20 mins ago

El Pres is expected through half way anytime now

*update* El Pres is through halfway :ascarf:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just leaving to go and cheer a few friends through the later stages.

Just checked and Tony Bloom hit half way point 20 mins ago

El Pres is expected through half way anytime now

*update* El Pres is through halfway :ascarf:

Excellent. Really rooting for El Pres. He can do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here