Laudrop
Di Matteo
Clarke
Zola
McKay

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Someone who plays a passing game, will manage, work with and play the youth players, and preferably won't walk this time next season.
Some of the names already mentioned are only interested in the first team and getting to the premier league at all costs.

= Glenn Hoddle. Passionate about developing young talent, won't just want to buy a load of highly paid old pros and plays football the right way. Served his time and his managerial record is excellent.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
His Cardiff team was not exactly full of youth players who had come up through the system, he likes(d) to spend money

Yeah fair point although hopefullythe board would give him instructions to give youth a chance and with some of the young(ish) players we have at the squad I'm sure he'd oblige.

I didn't entirely mean youth from our current squad. By all means give our youngsters a chance if they show promising signs but I'd have no problem signing young players from other clubs.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Tim sherwood. If he wants to come.

The stats are clear, you need a British manager to get you promoted from the championship.

Why are stats so strong for British managers? I think it's cos they get the teams showing passion and determination and know players they can bring in that show these characteristics, compared to their foreign counterparts they take risks with both team tactics and selections and gamble, the foreign managers are too cautious a la garcia and to a certain extent poyet. I don't want hoofball but I do want a more attacking style with dare I say it two up front! They read the other teams better too because they know the opposition players better.

I'm also actually fed up having a manager who hardly speaks English or you can't understand them anyway so it will make a nice change

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here