Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we cash in on Barnes for 750k to 1 million?

Should we cash in on Barnes for 750k to 1 million?

• Total voters

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
are people stark staring mad
of coarse he should stay

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't want to see him go.

But, if he has no intention of signing a new contract by the end of January, then the club have to sell him.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Don't want to see him go.

But, if he has no intention of signing a new contract by the end of January, then the club have to sell him.
Totally agree, the ball is in Barnes' court. If he's not going to sign a new contract we need to get some value for him or let him go in the summer for nothing. It's similar to the Murray situation, let's hope we have learnt our lesson.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I don't want to see Barnes leave however it's all about money, £750k or £1m is better than him leaving in the summer for nothing.

Erm I'd rather he didnt score the winner against us in the play offs for burnley than have a pathetic 750k-1m in the bank.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Erm I'd rather he didnt score the winner against us in the play offs for burnley than have a pathetic 750k-1m in the bank.
And if we don't make the Play Off's or don't meet Burnley we lose a pathetic £750k to £1m in the bank, I can see where you are coming from but if Barnes doesn't sign a new contract he is a free agent with no value to the club.

It looks clear that he is holding out for a new / improved offer from us but failing that we need to sell him on and recoup something towards a replacement.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Barnes is worth double or treble to which Burnley are prepared to pay, they are a club who trying to take the piss, they can go do one. Barnes has to stay, he is still the best finisher we have.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We'd be mad to sell, especially to a rival.

They aren't our rivals as we haven't a cat in hell chance of catching them. We sold Noone to Cardiff last season and they were our rivals and we had more chance of catching them than we have Burnley.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
If we continue to play a single striker (which I think we will) then Barnes is at best the second choice striker (and probably behind CMS when fit). He can also play a left sided midfield role but IMHO he is behind at least Orlandi and KLL in this position.

Lets say we don't sell him, made him stay till the end of the season, and subsequently got promoted to the premiership - he wouldn't be offered a premiership contract.

Lets say we don't sell him, made him stay till the end of the season, subsequently stayed in the championship - he wouldn't accept a contract with BHA.

If we sold him we might be able to offer £10K a week / one and a half year deal to someone quite good.

In reality he will stay and bugger off in the summer to Wolves as we fail to make the play offs.

The following season he will form a brilliant forward partnership with Murray, signed by the recently promoted Wolves, as Wolves storm the Championship.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
They aren't our rivals as we haven't a cat in hell chance of catching them. We sold Noone to Cardiff last season and they were our rivals and we had more chance of catching them than we have Burnley.

They will be our rivals if they finish in a play-off place.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I would hate to see him go. We may have flair through the team but we also have a lot of dodgy knees, hamstrings etc. Barnes is a fantastic, intelligent, utility player at this level that will always do a good job and give 100% in whatever position he is played. Works hard, will only get better and doesn't seem to get injured much (at all?). He also seems to have mastered his temper this season which shows increasing maturity. Never forget, who was the one player still trying to win and to motivate his team mates in the last few minutes of the play off disaster. I can't believe anyone thinks he isn't worth a whole lot more to us than £1m! If he really wants to go then that's a different matter, but i doubt he does, despite some of our fans...

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

Didn't we have a clause when selling Stephen Dobbie to palarse last season that he couldn't play against us that season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here