Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Sheffield Wednesday 20/1/17

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
So a final update, although this countdown has not been as exciting as others as we are clearly a way off a sellout. Mindful it's the last weekend before payday after a long expensive month, and of course it's on Sky. Still expecting an official attendance of about 27k with about 24k bums on seats.

Saying that, with the fine (but chilly weather) I predict a higher number than usual walk ups for this game, so there may be a late boost to numbers

WSL: 378 (mostly in W1A)
WSU: 38 (only singles)
South: 296 (sure another block could be made available but very unlikely to be needed)
ESL: 48 (4 or 5 pairs. More if E1H might be made available if required, but unlikely)
ESU: 174 (mainly in the southern end)

Away following. Reports of 1100 sold yesterday. Their allocation is 1700. Suspect the away fans are either S1B to S1D with S1A and some of E1H as the sterile area and S1E as the other sterile area. Or they have S1A and part of S1D is also the sterile area. Not that it matters.

Can't wait for the stick we'll cop from MASSIVE on this considering the relative importance of the game.

IF they win they'll be all over it.

Wonder what the corresponding attendance was at their place earlier this season compared to the play offs last year.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can't wait for the stick we'll cop from MASSIVE on this considering the relative importance of the game.

Wonder what the corresponding attendance was at their place earlier this season compared to the play offs last year.

They've sold 1100 of 1700

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
It is a huge game. Our support is 'soft' . No point pretending otherwise.

For those of us going, remember the playoff 2nd leg and make some serious noise!!

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Whilst 1100 is not to be sniffed at, and I fully understand why they havent sold out, I thought Massive and Leeds sold out their away allocations wherever they go. Just not this season at the Amex by the looks of things.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

25,605 for the league game
34,260 for the playoff game

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Whilst 1100 is not to be sniffed at, and I fully understand why they havent sold out, I thought Massive and Leeds sold out their away allocations wherever they go. Just not this season at the Amex by the looks of things.

Only in their minds. They're far too busy ******* off to how many they take to the myriad of 30-60 mile slogs they have to endure in the championship.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

True, that gives us a repost BUT they have mitigating circumstances - distance/post Christmas pay day/on tv etc.

For those of us going, remember the playoff 2nd leg and make some serious noise!!

PG

Absolutely agree. I'm breaking my dry Jan just to get in the mood!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Standards by which we judge our support are very high these days. Only a dozen or so out of the 100+ professional clubs are better supported - considering we haven't won anything other than the odd lower league and a quirky Charity Shield in our entire history.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

PG

I think it's more that we're near the ceiling of fans for our massive stadium and championship football. We have staggering amounts of STH most championship and bottom half Prem clubs can only dream of. We regularly come 1st / 2nd / 3rd in the attendance tables for home games. Soft is harsh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here