Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I get that we don't need goalkeepers, fullbacks, centre backs, central midfielders or wingers.

Surely the club can see that only having 3 players at the club for the central striking position is both a novel and a courageous approach. ???

Even more so given we, for the most part, play two up front.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Manchester City have set a record transfer fee for a 13-year-old by paying Southend United £175,000 for defender Finley Burns which could rise to £250,000 if he goes on to sign professional terms at the club.. (Times)

7b4bb096-bf4d-4576-80a4-4e91324489d7.jpg

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Robbie Keane wants to play for another 18 months - he said it yesterday. He has all his badges apart from his Pro Licence which he's doing.

Knows he probably won't get a Premier League club. However, a stint with the Albion - where he helps the club (hopefully) achieve its aims - may lead to the opportunity of impact striker for a last hurrah in the PL. He coulld also legitimally discuss the possibility of a coaching role too. Attacking/offensive coach?

Manchester City have set a record transfer fee for a 13-year-old by paying Southend United £175,000 for defender Finley Burns which could rise to £250,000 if he goes on to sign professional terms at the club.. (Times)

View attachment 81307

I'd imagine a few priests and politicians have paid a lot more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
The club do realise the transfer window isn't just for window shopping, right?

And some fans need to realise that buying a player isn't like buying a mass-produced product from a shop.

In this window especially most players that are any good are going to be want to be kept by their clubs. That is before consideration is given to player valuation and willingness of a player to relocate.

We also need the 'right' kind of player. A player who, ability aside, fits in with our current squad's ethos. This squad isn't just about ability, it's about personality and togetherness. To get any old player who may upset any aspect of the harmony in our squad could cause more harm than adding nobody.

If we end up with what we've got I'm sure it won't be for want of trying, and the current squad have served us well so far. Of course there is a need to strengthen the squad if possible, but there is also a need for realism when it comes to some fans expectations.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Been linked to Amari'i Bell of Fleetwood in a couple of places

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-battling-aston-villa-9657931

Crystal Palace have made an enquiry for Fleetwood starlet Amari'i Bell.

Promising left-back Bell has impressed since joining League One Fleetwood ahead of last season.

He has been a league ever present for Uwe Rosler's promotion hopefuls this term.

As well as Palace, Aston Villa, Norwich, Brighton and Derby are also keen on Bell.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Not heard this one before? Anything in it? Who's reporting?

It's just something someone mentioned to me...Not sure of his record for getting things right... Just thought I would share it as it's a new one on me! Scores goals too!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Rotherham have turned down bids of up to 2 million from QPR and another unnamed championship club. They want 5 million for him. 6 months left on his contract. 9 league goals this season

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's just something someone mentioned to me...Not sure of his record for getting things right... Just thought I would share it as it's a new one on me! Scores goals too!

Scores goals in a shit team more importantly!

But the Rotherham boss has copped a strop and said "pay £5m or shut up" when it's highly unlikely the decision to sell is his! He's a Baldock type player too so exactly what we are after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here