Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's an appropriate sentence for a crime such as this?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Do we know if social workers were involved with this child?
If so imagine how the social worker dealing with this case feels, how do you live with that on your conscience, it's a thankless job and they are very underfunded and understaffed, it's a different subject but how can the protection of innocent children be considered as an area that needs to save the country money.

Government funding plays a massive part in this. Not so much the lack of it, but where it goes. I feel for the child protection services who are 'held accountable' by well paid politicians and then raped by the media. Front line workers are paid less than a London Parking meter. That's how much our gov gives a f***. The same people holding the purse strings are the same ones who fund 3rd sector quangos with 100k a year directors and don't get me started on the systematic capitulation to the Savile saga. C***s.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not from the flog 'em, beat 'em, hang 'em school of thought as you know.

However this behaviour seems off the scale in terms of its depravity and cruelty.

Is this a reflection of a too liberal judicial system, an appropriate sentence for two people whose addictions have impacted upon their ability to make decisions, or just a barometer of twenty-first century England?

Nothing wrong with hanging or flogging them. Preferable to costing us a fortune in social care which is what prison is.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Do we know if social workers were involved with this child?
If so imagine how the social worker dealing with this case feels, how do you live with that on your conscience, it's a thankless job and they are very underfunded and understaffed, it's a different subject but how can the protection of innocent children be considered as an area that needs to save the country money.

You don't need to convince me, but there are people on here who seem to think that anyone who works for local government is a waste of money and a waste of space. It's pure ignorance.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There are a lot of people out there who, I regret to say, should never be permitted to breed. These two are just one example.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, it is a dereliction of our responsibility. However, perhaps our society is in this position because of the vilification of professionals when they make mistakes. Social workers and their management are vilified by the media for making incorrect professional judgements, whether that be leaving children with abusive parents or removing them when they make a misjudgement the other way. Who amongst the rest of us could confidently make decisions in our jobs in that kind of environment ? A better way forward would be the removal of journalists and politicians from the process.

I tend to agree here, I suspect that said social worker and their management are forced to work with ever decreasing resources. I beleive that far more could and should be done to halt incidents like this way back closer to the source. Problem is that those with the power to make changes lack the will to do so. These individuals are sick ****ers who deserve everything they get for what they have done, however shit like this makes we wonder what more we could have done as a society to avoid it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You don't need to convince me, but there are people on here who seem to think that anyone who works for local government is a waste of money and a waste of space. It's pure ignorance.

Our priorities are all sorts of upside down.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
People like this need to be helped, may be if they had of been this wouldn't have happened!

There are many replies I would like to give to this statement, but I suspect most of them would be totally unacceptable for this forum.

What I would like to ask, exactly who should have helped them? who should have known that these two despicable apologies for human beings should have known, had the foresight to have known, that they were putting drugs into that poor child's mouth? why should society plunge vast amounts of tax payers money into something that most normal people would never ever contemplate doing.

What these vile scum choose to do to themselves is their choice, apart from the very obvious fact that this poor child suffered at the hands of the so called parents, the other sad fact is, they never got enough drugs to finish themselves off.

I am far from jubilant, knowing that for the next 8 years or whatever it is deemed to be (hopefully the inner prison justice will shorten that period!) my hard earned taxes are keeping that scum with a roof over their head and supplying them both with 3 meals a day.

Why should another human being/s be responsible for low life shite like these two?

However, I will now show a far kinder more sympathetic side to myself........I will personally pay for the two of hem to go on a rehabilitation cruise, The Pacific Ocean is nice, very sunny as well, the only condition is, when the ship is at least 400 miles from any land, they go for a swim and the ship sails away and leaves them to sunbathe and frolic in shark infested waters!

The above is purely only my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There are many replies I would like to give to this statement, but I suspect most of them would be totally unacceptable for this forum.

What I would like to ask, exactly who should have helped them? who should have known that these two despicable apologies for human beings should have known, had the foresight to have known, that they were putting drugs into that poor child's mouth? why should society plunge vast amounts of tax payers money into something that most normal people would never ever contemplate doing.

What these vile scum choose to do to themselves is their choice, apart from the very obvious fact that this poor child suffered at the hands of the so called parents, the other sad fact is, they never got enough drugs to finish themselves off.

I am far from jubilant, knowing that for the next 8 years or whatever it is deemed to be (hopefully the inner prison justice will shorten that period!) my hard earned taxes are keeping that scum with a roof over their head and supplying them both with 3 meals a day.

Why should another human being/s be responsible for low life shite like these two?

However, I will now show a far kinder more sympathetic side to myself........I will personally pay for the two of hem to go on a rehabilitation cruise, The Pacific Ocean is nice, very sunny as well, the only condition is, when the ship is at least 400 miles from any land, they go for a swim and the ship sails away and leaves them to sunbathe and frolic in shark infested waters!

The above is purely only my opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with it.

Whilst I agree with your stance here's I also feel that if we choose to only blame them as individuals and not acknowledge that we are to some degree (the amount could be argued about four ever) influenced by our surroundings we won't look deeply enough to see if there was something that could have been done.

I am musing a little here but perhaps if the environment these people had grown up offered a more positive outlook, perhaps if they had better role models, a chance to be somebody, the confidence to make something of themselves. Perhaps they would have made better choices and led a different life.

Don't get me wrong I don't think that society or others are solely to blame for this and I think that people should take responsibility for themselves. However I also think that we can create better environments for people to make better lives for themselves, or at least give them the opportunity.

As I said before I think these vermin deserve everything thrown at them. But we should look into what we could habe done better to avoid this happening to another child.

One thing I am sure of is that the current battle plan it's losing the war on drugs and losing it badly.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
People like this need to be helped, may be if they had of been this wouldn't have happened!

I do not wish to say what I do for a living but I am in daily contact with these kind of people,they are third or fourth generation of benefit scroungers,abusers,abusers,addicts etc and unfortunately because they know the system and ARE helped they play the system and I think it makes them give less of a s***, I know two families with 5 children in care due to neglect and one mum is having another baby because "she deserves a new start" while the kids grow up with the same lack of empathy as their parents and same moral codes,one of these families has just had 68 thousand a year given to them for support I garuntee they will still be vile human beings, the help given does not work! We need to make people ashamed of what they do and have social pressure and community pressure in my opinion as at the moment the ones I know just don't give a shit and have no remorse or shame, thousands are spent every year to help these people and it hasn't worked

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I do not wish to say what I do for a living but I am in daily contact with these kind of people,they are third or fourth generation of benefit scroungers,abusers,abusers,addicts etc and unfortunately because they know the system and ARE helped they play the system and I think it makes them give less of a s***, I know two families with 5 children in care due to neglect and one mum is having another baby because "she deserves a new start" while the kids grow up with the same lack of empathy as their parents and same moral codes,one of these families has just had 68 thousand a year given to them for support I garuntee they will still be vile human beings, the help given does not work! We need to make people ashamed of what they do and have social pressure and community pressure in my opinion as at the moment the ones I know just don't give a shit and have no remorse or shame, thousands are spent every year to help these people and it hasn't worked

Going somewhat off topic now.
Quite, third and fourth generations of hopelessness with a warped version off right and wrong really do not stand a chance of living a normal life. The question is how do we break the cycle for these people. Would you recommend cutting benefits for these people?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Going somewhat off topic now.
Quite, third and fourth generations of hopelessness with a warped version off right and wrong really do not stand a chance of living a normal life. The question is how do we break the cycle for these people. Would you recommend cutting benefits for these people?
No not cutting benefits.

Turn somewhere really shit like say, Luton into a forced labour camp and send all the scum there. Scum being anyone at age 18 who can't pass a simple "I'm not a complete scumbag" test.

They then get a regular chance to pass a citizenship assessment where they can attempt to prove that they should be readmitted to society, by no longer being scum. Meanwhile, they are treated properly but have to work, for free. This would be a massive and extremely professional operation, no G4S type amateurism. It will cost a fortune.

However, the savings in benefits, costs of crime, health service costs etc mean this is all easily affordable especially combined with a policy of decriminalising all drugs and controlling and taxing them.

Society completely reformed in a generation. Could be considered slightly radical by some though......
[emoji6]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here