Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Apple products and apps have had fairly big price rices. Hardware around 10-15% and apps around 30%. Some craft beer prices have increased around 15% as well. It's happened. This is a fact.

so Apple and some craft beer has taken the opportunity to increase their margins. thats business, any excuse and publicly known ones even better.

prices will rise, this is a matter of economics irrespective of Brexit, and everyone is doing an awful lot to avoid deflation. i read today that total imports amount to about 20% of supply in the economy so with the current level of currency devaluation we can expect 2-3% increase max. those that are seek to be more competitive (rather than the Apple example) will bring this down 0.5-1%.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Apple products and apps have had fairly big price rices. Hardware around 10-15% and apps around 30%. Some craft beer prices have increased around 15% as well. It's happened. This is a fact.

But you are just cherry picking items with increased costs, the inflation rate is 1.6% FACT, I could also get you a basket of products that show absolutely no price increased, the inflation rate is the key indicator here not individual preferred items.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Head out of sand, that really is what you need to do. Currency issues are not restricted to one product, or even one industry. To further compound the situation, all of these products need to be transported around the world, country, wherever and fuel ain't priced in pounds either. Current inflation is shown at 1.6%, but watch it rise month by month, most predictions reckon on three per cent by the end of this year, I will go out on a limb and say 5%. So that combined with interest rates around maybe 7% really will fxxk things up for many people. You need to start taking big, deep breaths of coffee aroma, get used to it, life is about to get a lot more expensive.

Yes, so prices aren't currently massive, just another prediction from you, just like your last one and the one before that, all catagorically wrong ....

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Are you not embarrassed that virtually any educated person I have come across, especially those outside the UK, thinks he's a bell-end who is out of his depth?

Nope.Outside the UK,Europe,all you seem to worry about is the fact that a democratic vote went in favour of brexit.It may well be that taxes in Germany will go up.Tough!
Germany has a currency that if it were just for Germany would in fact have a far higher valuation than the Euro.It is a doomed currency,so sooner or later when Germany decides to stop supporting in financial terms the rest of southern Europe and it gets its own currency back it will rejoin the real world.
Meanwhile in the UK we may have some spare cash to start repairing our infastructure,hospital,roads,social services etc.
If the Europeans don't like BJ I for one will not lose sleep over that.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Head out of sand, that really is what you need to do. Currency issues are not restricted to one product, or even one industry. To further compound the situation, all of these products need to be transported around the world, country, wherever and fuel ain't priced in pounds either. Current inflation is shown at 1.6%, but watch it rise month by month, most predictions reckon on three per cent by the end of this year, I will go out on a limb and say 5%. So that combined with interest rates around maybe 7% really will fxxk things up for many people. You need to start taking big, deep breaths of coffee aroma, get used to it, life is about to get a lot more expensive.

At least you have offered an exact guess, although I fear a [MENTION=267]TSB[/MENTION] moment where this will be bounced a year or two in the future to show how useless your predictions really are .....

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And let's not forget this 1.6 is an average. There will be some sectors and products with much higher rates. Equally some with lower though.

Of course that is why its the main indicator of prices and the processed by the ONS:

Inflation and price indices
The rate of increase in prices for goods and services. Measures of inflation and prices include consumer price inflation, producer price inflation, the house price index, index of private housing rental prices, and construction output price indices.

Its pretty conclusive.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nope.Outside the UK,Europe,all you seem to worry about is the fact that a democratic vote went in favour of brexit.It may well be that taxes in Germany will go up.Tough!
Germany has a currency that if it were just for Germany would in fact have a far higher valuation than the Euro.It is a doomed currency,so sooner or later when Germany decides to stop supporting in financial terms the rest of southern Europe and it gets its own currency back it will rejoin the real world.
Meanwhile in the UK we may have some spare cash to start repairing our infastructure,hospital,roads,social services etc.
If the Europeans don't like BJ I for one will not lose sleep over that.

A slightly incoherent post. You're jumping around a bit and answering questions about nothing I've asked. And where did the bit about German taxes come from? Weird.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Of course that is why its the main indicator of prices and the processed by the ONS:

Inflation and price indices
The rate of increase in prices for goods and services. Measures of inflation and prices include consumer price inflation, producer price inflation, the house price index, index of private housing rental prices, and construction output price indices.

Its pretty conclusive.

I'm not sure what your point is. The rate of inflation is an average. This is all I said. Further more it's a weighted average, and an estimate.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
... most predictions reckon on three per cent by the end of this year, I will go out on a limb and say 5%. So that combined with interest rates around maybe 7% really will fxxk things up for many people.

im wondering on what basis why you believe 5% inflation this year (bearing in mind price of fuel incease due to currency is already todays inflation), and what series of events would lead to 7% interest rates, in particular why the increasing interest wouldn't reduce inflation?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
im wondering on what basis why you believe 5% inflation this year (bearing in mind price of fuel incease due to currency is already todays inflation), and what series of events would lead to 7% interest rates, in particular why the increasing interest wouldn't reduce inflation?

Failing to see where 7% interest rate will come from. Where's your source/research ?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's another beautiful day tomorrow for Brexiteers and another miserable one for remainers. (lower case 'capital' deliberate) Happy days.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I didn't bother looking, Lincoln Imp did though, see post 25597.

ok

In answer to a quietly put and unloaded question you responded with the words below. Given that the context of the question was the free movement of labour within the EU, it is reasonable to assume that the term 'freedom of labour' was shorthand for this.

"I am against free markets... The freedom of labour is the worst example of this because quite evidently not being able to manage supply and demand is disastrous. It's disastrous for workers pay, its disastrous for a government to manage state assets, like housing, education, healthcare etc... Therefore my view would apply within a state or as with the EU across a group of states, it makes no difference."

I know you often deliberately falsely put words in my mouth, and distort what ive said
but this is a bit OTT chap :lol:

i didnt even write that.
That is written by someone else.
When you copied, edited and pasted it this afternoon, did you not see the name of the author next to it.

How is it possible both of you, quite separately yet at the same time have falsely attributed a notion and content in one post to me that is clearly written by someone else.

Are you the same person?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Isn't the answer to switch to the Green Party then? I don't see a lot of difference in substance between the Greens and Corbyn's vision for Labour except for Brexit and the absence of anti-semitism. At least you'd be following a party with a competent leader.
More than a year ago, I can remember switching on the radio in the middle of a politician's interview with John Humphreys and wondering who this Green politican was. At the end, Humphreys thanked Jeremy Corbyn (for it was he) and I realised it was his 'pitch' to become Labour leader. He has simply stolen most the Green's policies in the same way as the Tories have stolen UKIP's. As Buzzer says, the Greens have competent co-leaders (one of whom is a local and has won all kinds of awards as a Parliamentarian) and are not tainted by antisemitism or as much infighting.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
More than a year ago, I can remember switching on the radio in the middle of a politician's interview with John Humphreys and wondering who this Green politican was. At the end, Humphreys thanked Jeremy Corbyn (for it was he) and I realised it was his 'pitch' to become Labour leader. He has simply stolen most the Green's policies in the same way as the Tories have stolen UKIP's. As Buzzer says, the Greens have competent co-leaders (one of whom is a local and has won all kinds of awards as a Parliamentarian) and are not tainted by antisemitism or as much infighting.

Damn right. I vote for her and I'm a Tory.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
ok

I know you often deliberately falsely put words in my mouth, and distort what ive said
but this is a bit OTT chap :lol:

i didnt even write that.
That is written by someone else.
When you copied, edited and pasted it this afternoon, did you not see the name of the author next to it.

How is it possible both of you, quite separately yet at the same time have falsely attributed a notion and content in one post to me that is clearly written by someone else.

Are you the same person?

I can't speak for Lincoln Imp, and as I did not find the old post, I cannot confirm either way with absolute certainty whether it was you or another poster that added that, but to my recollection it was you. I apologise if I have got that wrong, but I don't think I have.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here