Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
On the subject of medical care 4,000 EU pensioners riding the NHS in the UK, 144,000 riding the Spanish health care system on the Costas. All the talk of health tourism shows it cuts both ways

Don't know why you runners-up keep on carping on about this.We will see how much of a drain on the Spanish economy the British portion of the Costa pensioners are when the negotiations start.If the Spanish ask for them all to be re-patriated,then we will bow to your wisdom.If they don't,will you admit to being a whinger?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The runners-up are quite restrained on here.Boris has the ones on the BBC foaming at the mouth-top bombing,Foreign Minister!:lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I assumed he was just measuring the percentage of eligible voters who voted Leave.

I suppose there's a chance your vastly more complicated suggestion could be right though. Let's wait and see.

No no, he actually stated 'Theresa May is now aggressively pursuing a course of action that about 19% of the UK actually want', by that he is disqualifying each and every eligible voter that didnt vote as not wanting to vote leave and align themselves to Theresa May, even as a kindred spirit you dont want to use that particular statistic to back up your views, surely.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
On the subject of medical care 4,000 EU pensioners riding the NHS in the UK, 144,000 riding the Spanish health care system on the Costas. All the talk of health tourism shows it cuts both ways

No it doesnt, although I accept it might be down to the absurd ineptitude of our departments to at least try and retrieve fee's, but we give to the EU £670m for healthcare abroad whilst claiming back just £50m from other EU countries even though there are significantly more EU citizens living in the UK than UK citizens living in the EU.

http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-scandal-as-uk-pays-millions-to-eu-10189381

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No it doesnt, although I accept it might be down to the absurd ineptitude of our departments to at least try and retrieve fee's, but we give to the EU £670m for healthcare abroad whilst claiming back just £50m from other EU countries even though there are significantly more EU citizens living in the UK than UK citizens living in the EU.

http://news.sky.com/story/nhs-scandal-as-uk-pays-millions-to-eu-10189381

They are plumbing new scare story depths. When will they accept we are leaving

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nope. Not when everyone is factored in.

"everyone" is 46500001 registered voters, so the out vote was 37.4 if you want to count non-voters, which frankly you shouldn't. need to be 91m odd voters for your 19% to be valid.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Do you think you can define 'Eaton' and 'bufoon' then?

Eton College is an English independent boarding school for boys in Eton, Berkshire, near Windsor. It educates more than 1,300 pupils, aged 13 to 18 years. It was founded in 1440 by King Henry VI as "The King's College of Our Lady of Eton besides Wyndsor", making it the 18th oldest Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference (HMC) school.

Definition of buffoon: 1. a ludicrous figure, clown. 2. a gross and usually ill-educated or stupid person, acting like a ridiculous buffoon.

So do you think Johnson is fit for purpose?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Eton College is an English independent boarding school for boys in Eton, Berkshire, near Windsor. It educates more than 1,300 pupils, aged 13 to 18 years. It was founded in 1440 by King Henry VI as "The King's College of Our Lady of Eton besides Wyndsor", making it the 18th oldest Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference (HMC) school.

Definition of buffoon: 1. a ludicrous figure, clown. 2. a gross and usually ill-educated or stupid person, acting like a ridiculous buffoon.

You really don't get it, do you? I asked you about Eaton, not Eton. I know about Eton. I also asked you to define bufoon - you don't seem to have an answer for that either.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
You really don't get it, do you? I asked you about Eaton, not Eton. I know about Eton. I also asked you to define bufoon - you don't seem to have an answer for that either.

So they spelt the wordz rong, I got the message though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
None of your business, and the question is of no interest to me anyway. I never made any comment about Johnson, so why you should think it appropriate to ask me for my opinion of him is beyond comprehension.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here