Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: NOMINATIONS thread

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Alligator snapping turtle.

Willing to second this, just look at this monster of an animal, it's also ****ING MAHOOSIVE

few creatures on this list can parallel the appearance of this prehistoric SOB, some of the largest are speculated to have weighed 100kg but there are allegations of one weighing 185kg, which is heavier than professional sumo wrestlers.

IMG_3897.JPG

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Orca - so hard it doesn't bother attacking great white sharks. Just rolls them over, lies on them and drowns them. (So my daughter just told me).

That's hard

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Willing to second this, just look at this monster of an animal, it's also ****ING MAHOOSIVE

few creatures on this list can parallel the appearance of this prehistoric SOB, some of the largest are speculated to have weighed 100kg but there are allegations of one weighing 185kg, which is heavier than professional sumo wrestlers.

View attachment 81230
Does that actually exist ?

Awesome.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Hmmm,
just checking in on this thread and discovering nobody has yet seconded the weasel.

Now, my heart is with the chinstrap penguin. But I thought the weasel was an animal more or less custom designed to appeal to the traditionalist in this competition. Those that think it's all about animals that are a wee bit mental:

images.jpg

Or those that are perpared to take on almost any animal, no matter how much bigger, or how difficult the fightthey are picking (check out the attack on a SEAGULL at 2mins in):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECErlmfRV4

This is an animal not much bigger than a mouse that is prepared to fight ANYTHING.
Come on, someone back me up here.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I'd also like to nominate the Mongoose. If memory serves me right they can be a bit mental.

Not sure if Buffalo has been nominated yet? The bit in Planet Earth II where the Buffalo holds off a pack of Lions, despite it having a huge chunk of his flesh ripped from him was pretty impressive.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I'd like to nominate the Praying Mantis

Known for attacking Birds, Scorpions and Snakes. They also attack and EAT each-other!

HARD.

I'll second praying mantis - taking your word for it now. But once the actions starts, I will need proof they actually attack birds and snakes!

I'd also like to nominate the Mongoose. If memory serves me right they can be a bit mental.

Not sure if Buffalo has been nominated yet? The bit in Planet Earth II where the Buffalo holds off a pack of Lions, despite it having a huge chunk of his flesh ripped from him was pretty impressive.

I'll second the Cape Buffalo.

Meanest beastie on the plains that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Beasts Competing

Ramazzottius Varieornatus*
Polar Bear
Chinstrap Penguin
Jaguar
Honey Badger
Walrus
Northern Goshawk
Salt Water Croc
Desert Long Eared Bat
Siberian Tiger
Cassowary
Grasshopper Mouse
Bulldog Ant
Bullet Ant
Shrew
Tarantula Hawk
Wolverine
Malayan Sun Bear
Tasmanian Devil
Orca
Mantis Shrimp
Komodo Dragon
Alligator Snapping Turtle
Praying Mantis
Cape Buffalo
Least Weasel

Beasts that need to be seconded

Mantis Wasp
Racer Snake
Insatiable Hairy Frogfish
Emperor Penguin
Black Mamba
Human
Naked Mole Rat
Cockroack
Seagull
Glass Frog
Bobbit Worm
Mongoose

*The Ramazzottius Varieornatus is a form of Tardigrade. It was brought to my attention that the Tardigrade is not actually a beast but a phylum(i.e class of beast) rather than a single beast. The R.V is a single species of Tardigrade and has been nominated to take the place of the phylum Tardigrade.[/QUOTE]

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm surprised, and frankly disappointed, that no-one's nominated the Hippo yet. So I'm going to do it.

This is a beast that mixes it with the most dangerous beasts on the planet for no other reason than being argumentative. It doesn't fight for food, just for fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here