Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa -transfer request

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Leicester source just told me rumour is he is coming back to us on loan until the end of the season.
I'd be very happy to see that!

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Murray is on around that and we are paying all of it

That doesn't surprise me one bit. And it's been worth every penny even though we have been picking up BMouth's poorly thought out, disgustingly high premier league contract. I imagine this is / will be a stumbling block when we try to sign him permanantly. Stupid Bournemouth.

75% of it - and we didn't pay a loan fee for paying all the salary i believe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Leicester source just told me rumour is he is coming back to us on loan until the end of the season.
I'd be very happy to see that!

You'll need to elaborate on 'Leicester source' pls chap..?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We could get shot of Hemed if true. Totally underwhelmed by this rumour, we don't need another striker like Ulloa, we need a Baldock type player.

Murray is a much better player than Ulloa and Hemed is not any worse. We raped Leicester for the 8 million.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That probably wouldn't be a huge issue. It's only for 6 months and a lot of loans have % deals. I'd imagine Murray is on only slightly less than that and we may not be paying all of that...

He has put in a transfer request so presumably he wants to go somewhere permanently not on loan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
We could get shot of Hemed if true. Totally underwhelmed by this rumour, we don't need another striker like Ulloa, we need a Baldock type player.

Murray is a much better player than Ulloa and Hemed is not any worse. We raped Leicester for the 8 million.

Ulloa is much better than Hemed for me. Leo puts himself about and let's defenders know they are in a game. Ulloa had to lead the line on his own more often than not and had very little in support from a fellow striker. Leo with Baldock alongside him and our current wingers would score 25 goals a season IMO.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why is it so definitely a NO?

He's just the sort of proven player I could imagine Bloom taking a gamble on, providing we don't overpay...

Well it wouldn't be a gamble would it?, I mean, we know exactly what he can do.

I don't think he could play alongside Murray or Hemed though, too many similarities, Ulloa most certainly isn't the number 10 we are supposedly looking for.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well it wouldn't be a gamble would it?, I mean, we know exactly what he can do.

I don't think he could play alongside Murray or Hemed though, too many similarities, Ulloa most certainly isn't the number 10 we are supposedly looking for.
It would though. The gamble would be to bring him in at £8m or something on Premier League wages, and then not get promoted.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone saying they would turn down Ulloa for half a season loan is MENTAL. He is quality and won the premier league LAST SEASON. FFS.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is your Leeds ' source' just a Leeds fan by any chance? They love to link themselves to anyone and everyone and think they're signing every player going...

Edit - a quick Twitter search suggests transfer live accounts are at the forefront of this rumour and it also was a rumour over a year again for them.

With Chris Wood leading the line so successfully, I'd also be surprised if Leeds were serious about Ulloa. Playing two big target men together isn't very fashionable these days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Anyone saying they would turn down Ulloa for half a season loan is MENTAL. He is quality and won the premier league LAST SEASON. FFS.

Hey, he didn't win the Premier League, Leicester City did!, ok he did his bit, but how many games did he play exactly?

Don't get me wrong, a more than competent striker who certainly knows where the goal is, but not for us at the moment.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hey, he didn't win the Premier League, Leicester City did!, ok he did his bit, but how many games did he play exactly?

Don't get me wrong, a more than competent striker who certainly knows where the goal is, but not for us at the moment.

He played several games and scored crucial goals. In the premier league. To help win the title. If we could get him for 20 odd games I think we should bite their ****in hands off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He played several games and scored crucial goals. In the premier league. To help win the title. If we could get him for 20 odd games I think we should bite their ****in hands off.

Who does he replace? I am assuming he would want guaranteed game time, otherwise why drop a Division?

Imo Murray is the more complete player

Ulloa is not what we need, good player though he might be, we already have two like him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sometimes it can work - Hemed & Murray worked very well for one or two games this year as did Bob & Hemed last season. But more often it looks static and lacks pace and is painfully slow to build up attacks. Just my opinion like...

Mine too. The last sentence that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here