Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for MK Dons?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can only assume you've out [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] in goal because you've also heard she's good with balls in hand..?
Nah, she's good at punching them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nah, she's good at punching them.

She's ignored the comment - probably took one look shook her head and said to herself 'silly boy' :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I reckon we could field a weakened side here. Assuming the necessary paperwork / registrations could get done before the deadline, I would go:

.....................................Edna Krabappel

SIMMO SAYS.........Ernest................Alfredmizen..........BensGrandad

Goldstone1976...................Easy 10...........Sheebo..........Triggaaaar

.................Not Nick Rhodes............Tom Hark Preston Park

SUBS
Herr Tubthumper
Thunder Bolt
Wrong Direction
Dave in Prague
Leekbrookgull

Looks a bit overall thuggish to me - too much like Leeds under Revie. Not enough of the creative flair posters.

No Pretty Pink Fairy?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maenpaa

Hunt
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

March
Sidwell
Kayal
Murphy

Towell

Hemed

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I reckon we could field a weakened side here. Assuming the necessary paperwork / registrations could get done before the deadline, I would go:

.....................................Edna Krabappel

SIMMO SAYS.........Ernest................Alfredmizen..........BensGrandad

Goldstone1976...................Easy 10...........Sheebo..........Triggaaaar

.................Not Nick Rhodes............Tom Hark Preston Park

SUBS
Herr Tubthumper
Thunder Bolt
Wrong Direction
Dave in Prague
Leekbrookgull

Bearing in mind we are all for team spirit I am disappointed not to see fans favourite HB&B there somewhere

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Maenpaa

Hunt
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

March
Sidwell
Kayal
Murphy

Towell

Hemed

That's a pretty strong team, barring the full backs. Although I thought Adekugbe looked good at Oxford and have been impressed with Hunt when I have seen him. If we get through, we may well have Pocognoli and Rosenior to play full back instead!

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I wonder if Hughton might be tempted to play all three of Skalak, Murphy and March from the start, with Sidwell dropping to the bench and replacing Kayal at some point (who probably won't play 90 minutes). Skalak is a bit short of confidence at the moment and I think it might be a good chance to play him on the right with March on the left and Murphy behind Hemed.

I think our true cup ambitions will be on the bench. Will we have first team players on there to come on if we are a goal down or will it be mainly youngsters and, if this team can't win, then we're not too worried about going out?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon

-------------------------------Maenpaa
------Hunt-------Goldson------BFG-------Adekugbe
------Murphy-----Kayal------Sidwell-----Bjordal
--------------------------Towell
--------------------------Hemed

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Think Ince could figure somewhere, so here's my call:

Maenpaa

Hunt
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

March
Ince
Kayal
Skalak

Towell

Hemed

Subs: Stockdale, Bong, Hall, Sidwell, Lua Lua, Murphy, Tighe

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Think Ince could figure somewhere, so here's my call:

Maenpaa

Hunt
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

March
Ince
Kayal
Skalak

Towell

Hemed

Subs: Stockdale, Bong, Hall, Sidwell, Lua Lua, Murphy, Tighe

Isn't Lua Lua suspended?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maenpaa

Hunt-Goldson-Hunemeier-Adekugbe

Murphy-Ince-Kayal-Skalak

Towell

Hemed​

Something like that.

Even with his poor recent form I wouldn't risk our top assist maker this season. Rest Skalak.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I really hope Murphy gets a good run out - he plays well in these matches and showed against Oxford (albeit the friendly) that he can change a game against this level of team. He has great pace that is commonplace in the Championship but not as much in L1 (or wasn't when we were in it and I paid a lot more attention)

Sam for Hemed - keep him match fit to come on in games in needed, other than that i expect a smattering of the youngsters and fringe players such as Hunt and Towell. chuck in a returning Kayal and Goldson and we are still very strong!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I really hope Murphy gets a good run out - he plays well in these matches and showed against Oxford (albeit the friendly) that he can change a game against this level of team. He has great pace that is commonplace in the Championship but not as much in L1 (or wasn't when we were in it and I paid a lot more attention)

Sam for Hemed - keep him match fit to come on in games in needed, other than that i expect a smattering of the youngsters and fringe players such as Hunt and Towell. chuck in a returning Kayal and Goldson and we are still very strong!

I think he might be managing/nursing a groin injury. I seem to remember this was the status at the end of last season, and he was subbed off recently for a groin issue. Or it could be a case of 2+2=5

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think he might be managing/nursing a groin injury. I seem to remember this was the status at the end of last season, and he was subbed off recently for a groin issue. Or it could be a case of 2+2=5

Hopefully he gets on the pitch or I will have one livid 7 year old with me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here