Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Arter top bloke.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stupid and nasty for that post not sure if that makes him a 'troll', It would be interesting to see what his twitter/facebook history looks like. One person asks is he allowed one mistake , the answer in this case I hope (if it is a single case) is yes and after some period of penance e.g. helping out in the community can get on with his footballing life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or any number of people who know he has the condition and are happy to share that information with journalists.

So you're maybe suggesting he's some kind of victim? Like that poor tortured QPR soul who somehow managed to hold it together just enough to post about AK's dad.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So you're maybe suggesting he's some kind of victim? Like that poor tortured QPR soul who somehow managed to hold it together just enough to post about AK's dad.

Yeah no absolutely nowhere near what I was suggesting. Like, not even close. The guy is a tool.

The point I was making, which you so spectacularly missed, was that we don't know how they found out he has ADHD and thus to insinuate that he used it as an excuse is unfair.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah no absolutely nowhere near what I was suggesting. Like, not even close. The guy is a tool.

The point I was making, which you so spectacularly missed, was that we don't know how they found out he has ADHD and thus to insinuate that he used it as an excuse is unfair.

Oh for Pete's sake. He used, one after the other,all the other textbook troll gambits when they get caught out, The autism/ADHD is troll equivalent of Custer's Last Stand. Put it out there and hope for damage limitation. Seems to have worked to a certain extent, sadly. :facepalm:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Oh for Pete's sake. He used, one after the other,all the other textbook troll gambits when they get caught out, The autism/ADHD is troll equivalent of Custer's Last Stand. Put it out there and hope for damage limitation. Seems to have worked to a certain extent, sadly. :facepalm:

Look, I'm happy to be proven wrong but I have yet to see anything where words to the effect of "I did it because I have ADHD" were uttered out of his gobhole.

All I've seen is that bit you posted where it's mentioned that he has it. Not by him mind.

EDIT: And again, stop insinuating I've got some sympathy with him. I don't. He's a wanker.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The lad is just 19, he's been a dickhead and has made what seems a genuine heartfelt apology, I'd leave it there and expect he's learned a very big life lesson. Alas he will be tried by the internet and disproportionately be made out to be Satan such is life these days.

Indeed. Been a knob and apologised. Being sacked and having your name all over the internet and embarrassment to his family is punishment enough. He is a 19 year old who has acted like a dickhead and let us be honest, we probably all did that.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. Been a knob and apologised. Being sacked and having your name all over the internet and embarrassment to his family is punishment enough. He is a 19 year old who has acted like a dickhead and let us be honest, we probably all did that.

Agreed. And in fairness to the lad he hasn't said "I only did it because I'm autistic", thus trying to garner sympathy. As has been pointed out he's a plonker, a ****, a wanker, call him anything you want, but I think being sacked and turned into a footballing pariah is punishment enough - maybe more than enough.

Bad taste comment coming up, look away if easily offended ...

And I'm surprised no one's suggested a minute's applause for the stillborn child. (To link this with the "Minute's applause" thread)

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

Yes, but never mind that reasoned logic... from behind a keyboard, all we want is revenge!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

You seem to be ignoring everyone's arguement that you made it up that he used it as an excuse. Carry on repeating yourself but you're wrong.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38507682

So where do NSC stand on this. The lad, 19 years of age has done something HORRIFIC in sending that tweet.

He's been sacked from his club(s) and has a reputation.

So, do you believe the lad should be given a second chance after some time has passed? We see footballers serve convictions (McCormack, hughes) and get clubs so is this any different?

Personally I believe in everyone deserving a second chance but I'm curious where others stand on this.

Hughes, in my opinion, is a vile man, and that's aside from the actions leading to his conviction

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He's probably suffered far more distress over this than the comment's intended target. Vilified and now without a football club.

I'm not defending what he did. What I am saying is that folk love hunting down a bogey man. Someone who's transgressions make them feel better about there own moral proprietary.

He's been heavily punished. Enough.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He's probably suffered far more distress over this than the comment's intended target. Vilified and now without a football club.

I'm not defending what he did. What I am saying is that folk love hunting down a bogey man. Someone who's transgressions make them feel better about there own moral proprietary.

He's been heavily punished. Enough.
Unfortunately, you don't know how much distress these comments caused Harry Arter and his family - to suggest that this individual has 'probably suffered far more distress' is way off base. Arter and his family are the victims here and I suspect would prefer the entire episode would quietly disappear - but the internet is what it is and this young fella has dug the hole for himself.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I find it hard to understand would have any sympathy for this low life. Deserves all coming his way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here