Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Nigerian fella?
...arrived before the first bid for Goldson even happened.

We need replacements for Hunemeier, Rosenior, and Goldson in defence. Balogun is one of them, but it's pretty pointless guessing which specific player he replaces.

Incidentally, according to Uwe, Balogun is fast and has played a lot at right back in the past. Surely this quashes the NSC calls for a new right back, as we don't need 4 do we ? ???

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Will be a shame. If that figure is correct I also think it’s a bit light in todays market.

I actually think the opposite.

There won't be many clubs willing to throw that sort of money for a player who can't get into the starting line up of a mid to lower PL team and who has a historical heart condition. His professional indemnity insurance will be phenomenal with that historical illness.

So for me £3.5m is a very good price and a bonus that Connor gets to go and test himself in the football world and get to play regular football hopefully. Highly regarded or not, he was certainly not going to be playing regularly at Brighton. So I say, ''bite their hand off for that level of fee''

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good for him. He's a quality player but he's not getting the chance to develop and test himself week in, week out. £3.5m, + add-ons, + a sell-on clause and hopefully a buy-back if he does Van Dijk it up there.

On the replacement front, he's already been replaced... it's Balogun. There's no way we'd sign a current Nigeria international as 4th choice squad player. The replacement needed is for Hunemeier who we may already have if the stories about Ben White are to be believed...

Agree with Goldson part, but not Balogun, we wont chance an unknown young centre half as 4th option in the premier league. We will get another top centre half in.
White to go out on loan again. Mcnair may be the 4th option who also covers midfield.
Moore or Konza at Charlton ?.... we are linked with way too many not to be some truth in it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
. There is, apparently, a sell-on clause which I have seen suggested is 10%. ).

You have seen the contract ?

And you are posting it's contents on a main notice Board of a Public Football Forum ?

WOW. Don't know how you got hold of it but if it is true, whoever let you see it should think twice of ever letting you see such information again. The club seldom release the fee never mind specifics within a contract.

Is it even signed yet ? The papers are still reporting ''deal close to being done''

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

And you are posting it's contents on a main notice Board of a Public Football Forum ?

WOW. Don't know how you got hold of it but if it is true, whoever let you see it should think twice of ever letting you see such information again. The club seldom release the fee never mind specifics within a contract.

Is it even signed yet ? The papers are still reporting ''deal close to being done''

Well. I must say I read that as in relation to Shrewsbury selling CG to us with the poster saying that they had seen suggestion that the sell on clause included was 10%. I see no suggestion there that they claimed to have seen the contract in question.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well. I must say I read that as in relation to Shrewsbury selling CG to us with the poster saying that they had seen suggestion that the sell on clause included was 10%. I see no suggestion there that they claimed to have seen the contract in question.

Agreed. Think [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] has the wrong end of the stick

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Think he will do well in Glasgow. Looks a cut above anything Rangers have at present. Gutted to see him go but wish him all the very best.

I guess we will see much more early movement this year as the transfer window closes on August 9.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He was replying to my query about the deal when we bought him from Shrewsbury; I was wondering what Shrewsbury might be getting out of the deal (and good luck to them). Of course he hasn't seen a contract with Rangers which as far as we know doesn't actually exist yet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Right move for him and good luck. Hope he does well up there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It really isn't as i keep mentioning.
You seem to have it in your head that you're the leading expert on player prices, and each time someone comments on the figures mentioned you pop-up, baffled that anyone is offering an opinion when you've already declared his value.

You don't think he's worth more than £3m. Fair enough, but others think he's worth more to us.

If he goes to Rangers I personally think we'll get less than he's worth, simply because we don't want to stand in his way to play regular football.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Shows how far as a club we've come in the last few years when we're now selling fringe players for amounts that not long ago would have broken our transfer record.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Guess - the 'all but complete' part is just albion signing a replacement ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Balogun, surely? 4th CB being youth.
Balogun replaced Huenemeier, or was it Rosenior ? ???

Thankless task being specific about who exactly replaces who... the main thing is we will be 3 out, 1 in ( defence ) when CG goes.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I obviously trust Hughton but this is a massive mistake in my opinion, I always thought that he has the potential to be better than Dunk. Hopefully there is a large sell on clause as could see him attracting a big fee at some point in the future.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
............raising questions about whether Rangers have the money. Have they paid for Murphy yet?

The Murphy deal has been completed so I would imagine they have. I can't see Paul Barner accepting an IOU, and a crate of Irn Bru.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here