Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS To Sunderland?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
He didn't deliver for Peterborough when they got promoted to the Championship and got relegated, before he came to us.

Sounds vaguely like Mr Zamora, who found it increasingly more difficult to score, once he hit the top two divisions. Yes, I know he got 14 goals in his Championship season with us and was injured and missed a dozen or so games but he still found it more difficult.
Until we play to CMS's strengths we cannot fully judge him. If he got 35 ish goals in a Div1 season ( more than Zamora ) then he knows where the net is and he is clearly a confidence player. I hope we get to see the Ulloa/CMS partnership in action as it could yield spectacular results.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
How is 12 goals in half a season 'failed badly'? As for a 50/50 finisher I've seen Ulloa miss loads of sitters. I just dont understand the constant CMS bashing by some after all he is a our player you should be supporting him.
They are more than likely the same group who constantly lauded Barnes, and despite much evidence to the contrary, thought CMS was the lesser striker.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They are more than likely the same group who constantly lauded Barnes, and despite much evidence to the contrary, thought CMS was the lesser striker.

What evidence is that then? Barnes adjusted his game in the Championship and still managed to score goals (even outscoring CMS in the first season).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What evidence is that then? Barnes adjusted his game in the Championship and still managed to score goals (even outscoring CMS in the first season).
Its done....Barnes has gone, he was a player who was massively overrated by many, Burnley has found out that he is wasteful too......let's see how many games they give him this season, not many I bet...... CMS played in the correct system will outscore Barnes at this level easily.

...I don't want to talk about him.....even though I did make the mistake of mentioning his name.... For that I feel regret.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You know it's true!
As for the evidence - ahem!

As you and I debated many times, two managers can't be wrong, plus Dyche. Barnes is a good player, who offered stacks for the team both offensively even though out of position and defensively throughout the game.

I would take Barnes every time.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Its done....Barnes has gone, he was a player who was massively overrated by many, Burnley has found out that he is wasteful too......let's see how many games they give him this season, not many I bet...... CMS played in the correct system will outscore Barnes at this level easily.

Well obviously he has gone, but where is the 'much evidence to the contrary' you claim? Also, what is the correct system? Are you telling me that in the first season, a supporting cast of Buckley, Noone, LuaLua and Vicente et al was not good enough?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Disappointing that the CMS slaters are back out already. Not sure what he could have done to placate you while injured last season or was the pinpoint cross for Leo not quite perfect enough! Give him a chance in an attacking line up and he may just come good.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
He made his name as a striker with a partner up front, Gus just pitted him on his own against two six foot plus central defenders, then asked him to compete in the air or out muscle them by holding it up....... CMS is a striker that feeds off quick ball over or between the defence for him to run onto, or making quick darts right in the box........so if Hyppia does play this quick transition footy with a n other up front alongside or just behind CMS, then you will be playing to his strengths and will get a bigger return.
And if a n other is Ulloa we'll be a real threat

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Limited evidence so far but since he came back after fitness he scored a terrific beat a couple of players/ 25 yarder in his first full friendly dev squad match late last season, there was *that* cross against Forest and another quick turn/curling 20 yarder against Lewes. He's a nice bloke too.
(PS: This whole thread is based on single made up tweet by a complete fantasty twitter transfer account.)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

...I don't want to talk about him.....even though I did make the mistake of mentioning his name.... For that I feel regret.

Yes, he's gone. He left six months ago, so it's probably about time you got over him. You really don't need to bring him up and then denigrate him to praise CMS. Praise CMS for his own attributes and what he brings the team rather than how he compares to someone that no longer plays for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here