Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS To Sunderland?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The modern game is about pace. Move the ball to CMS (who has pace in abundance) quickly, and watch him score. I'm encouraged by Sami's immediate spotting of the fact that under both Gus and Oscar we transitioned defence -> attack far too slowly. He (CMS) is a good finisher IMHO, but had the confidence kicked out of him with Gus' insistence on playing him in a lone striker role (when he played him at all).

Am i wrong in thinking there wasn't many times when GP didn't play him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Don't get me wrong I really hope he shows me (and others obviously) that he is a quality player and can fire us up the league

That's the spirit! :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The modern game is about pace. Move the ball to CMS (who has pace in abundance) quickly, and watch him score. I'm encouraged by Sami's immediate spotting of the fact that under both Gus and Oscar we transitioned defence -> attack far too slowly. He (CMS) is a good finisher IMHO, but had the confidence kicked out of him with Gus' insistence on playing him in a lone striker role (when he played him at all).

I'm sorry but that is a load of nonsense. You are rewriting history. CMS had several one on ones with keepers and shot straight at them which was easy to save.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry but that is a load of nonsense. You are rewriting history. CMS had several one on ones with keepers and shot straight at them which was easy to save.

As do even the top strikers in the world.

It certainly is NOT nonsense TB. You will also note I used IMHO, so just my opinion, which obviously you don't agree with: that's your prerogative. I have a feeling this season we will actually get to see who is right. Here's hoping, anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Am i wrong in thinking there wasn't many times when GP didn't play him

2012-13 CMS got injured in the 35th league matches. He missed six matches prior to his injury. In one of those matches he was an unused sub, in the rest he wasn't in the squad. Three of them cam after he only played 43mins, so at least three of his missed games prior to his big injury were due to a minor injury. There were five matches in which he started on the bench and came on. Featured in 29/35 (83%)

2011-12 He missed one game. Came on as a sub in 5 of them (all five of those appearance came in the last 11 games) Featured in 45/46 games (98%)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2012-13 CMS got injured in the 35th league matches. He missed six matches prior to his injury. In one of those matches he was an unused sub, in the rest he wasn't in the squad. Three of them cam after he only played 43mins, so at least three of his missed games prior to his big injury were due to a minor injury. There were five matches in which he started on the bench and came on. Featured in 29/35 (83%)

2011-12 He missed one game. Came on as a sub in 5 of them (all five of those appearance came in the last 11 games) Featured in 45/46 games (98%)

Thank you.....i'm going on there wasn't many times when he wasn't played based on that lot and my memory being ok

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Cant believe people are suggesting getting rid of CMS. Just crazy, our record of signing strikers is just appalling apart from CMS and Ulloa and people honestly think we would sign better. Just crazy.....add in the current size of the squad, makes it even more crazy!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Poyet never got the best out of him and Garcia didn't have a chance to really play him, so I am looking forward to seeing how he performs under Sami.

Next season he could be average or superb for us, but for now I think it will be the latter.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Poyet never got the best out of him and Garcia didn't have a chance to really play him, so I am looking forward to seeing how he performs under Sami.

Next season he could be average or superb for u, but for now I think it will be the latter.

His first season he got a lot of assists,his 2nd season goal haul was better than the first and with a lot less games,i'd be inclined to agree-CMS & Ulloa to smash 50 goals between themselves this season..if they both stay fit and play a full season..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Get **** all at the end of this season

4 yrs goes quickly,can we wait till January then,who knows we could have to extend his contract :lolol: i make it he and Ulloa will be on 15 apiece by then..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here