Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Apprentice lot are making a better job of the urban gardening than May is with Brexit and they are better at working as a team.
Hopefully May will get fired tomorrow.

How will firing her help?

It was always going to be impossible the deliver the Brexiteers lies, they are acting like they are in shock They knew what was coming..

Jan 30, 2008
How will firing her help?

It was always going to be impossible the deliver the Brexiteers lies, they are acting like they are in shock They knew what was coming..
why was it impossible, some times you have to be cruel to be kind and you can't please everyone , and lets face it 17+ million voted to leave in a Democratic result and put their faith in the Government to deliver ,to many snides behind the scenes i'm afraid ,it could all come home to roost, lets wait and see
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
why was it impossible, some times you have to be cruel to be kind and you can't please everyone , and lets face it 17+ million voted to leave in a Democratic result and put their faith in the Government to deliver ,to many snides behind the scenes i'm afraid ,it could all come home to roost, lets wait and see
regards
DR

You trust the Tories?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The gutter press are having a field day.......

afaca4da-aa48-457e-8d8c-2fcb9141bb20.jpg

704eba10-3c9e-4f9e-b2a4-90a0d1d553ca.jpg

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
Forgive me for not believing a web site run by the EU that is trying to deny EU spin !

Can't be bothered to go into line by line detail but here's two things the EU have done ( and they are true and strangely nothing on their list ! ) :

> Provided false testing criteria for the measurement of hoover efficency thus hindering UK business
> Quadrapled the price of light bulbs
Wow well that's a good reason to leave the EU Hoover's and lightbulbs!

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
After the last hour, I am convinced it will be "no deal"

How do you overcome the issues? I don't know. You don't know. No one knows. But the law of the land is we leave the EU on 29th March 2019. That is the law and will happen.

If it's without a deal, then something will be put in place, whether it be temporary or permanent.

Do you really think the rest of the World will suddenly stop buying our goods, or more importantly stop selling to us?

Do you really think EU countries will suddenly stop buying our goods, or more importantly stop selling to us?

The EU sells a lot more to us than then buy. Do you really that will change with no deal? Obviously as things stand, you don't see a way around this, but I am sure with a no deal, whether temporary or permanently something will be put in place for 30th March. Even if new laws need writing something will have to happen.

Do you really think countries like Germany, Spain, Belguim, Holland, will really stop selling to us on 30th March? Whilst it may be the wet dream of the EU council, its just not going to happen. You may not be able to see a solution right now, but one will have to be found.

PM May is finished. I actually believe she has done the best she can. But its nowhere near good enough. Long term I see the biggest losers are the EU. I think this the day the EU signed its own death warrant. What the EU want, and what the individual EU countries do may differ somewhat. But May could have just said we cannot agree, its no deal. But that would have been unworkable for remainers. They needed a choice and they got one. Its a crap deal, or no deal.

I will be amazed if this goes through parliament. We will default to no deal, and we will leave the EU on 29th March. Whatever happens after that, no one knows. But the idea of us being unable to trade to anyone anywhere, is just not going to happen.

I would be surprised if secret draft trade deals are not in place all over the world. Maybe if the worst happens we will switch to them on a temporary basis. We are entering uncharted territory, no one really knows what is going to happen, so lets not pretend we do. But as far as the law states, as I understand it, and as MP keep saying on the TV, law dictates we are leaving on the 29th March, deal or no deal.

The Withdrawal Act was made law by Parliament, and Parliament can repeal it, or amend it. If this deal is not approved, then I think it is more likely that the act is repealed or amended, than we leave with no deal on the 29th March.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You've been saying the same that every 6 months or so for a good 10 years on here.

Possibly for the first time, you are correct, but the same would be the case if your beloved ***** on the left were in power right now. Brexit is just too big for any single party to navigate harmoniously. The last election was a good one to lose.

You’re being a bit selective here, I was also correct in 1997.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So does this mean us Remoaners have won? :rave: :clap: :lolol:

Brexiters = The crystal palace of politics.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brexit is just too big for any single party to navigate harmoniously. The last election was a good one to lose.

Maybe, maybe not. But let’s not forget it is the Conservative Party which is the architect of this mess. It was never going to be easy when you start Britain’s biggest decision in generations with a simple binary question, which meant so many different things to so many people, and with a mere 50/50 majority. No sane organisation operates, why should a government? Then a mix of gross misjudgment, incompetence, cocksure swagger and self-interest brought us to the pickle Britain is in today. We will never know if it was too big for one party but handled differently, and by a more competent, sensitive and respectful party it would have certainly been easier, much easier. No one is to blame but the Tories for this chaos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here