Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fact is we bottled that game second half. Getting used to us doing this in really big games :down:

I thought we might have kicked the habit after Saturday

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was Murray still doing out there at the full-time whistle when he was ineffective again and clearly knackered? Why take Baldock off for Kayal at 1-1? Wrong subs cost us the game.

I felt Hemed for Murray around 65 minutes might have been the one, but ultimately we lost because we kept giving the ball away in midfield time and time again. When you lose the ball you have to work so hard to get it back again and over time that takes its toll on the team. We looked tired by the end of the game, and the poor defending from Bruno and then our centre backs were purely down to that.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
That deflected equaliser is one of the worst i've ever seen. I'm only 28 but **** me.......

After that goal you could see it coming.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Deserved to lose, but it's fine if we beat forest at the weekend. You can't sit back for 75 mins and hope to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They were too strong in the end and all the school boy errors on our side seemed to show that.

At least we have only one top eight side to play between now and the bar coming down. None will be as able as them.

I don't think there was anything wrong tactically with our performance, we did well to take it to the last fifteen minutes ahead.

Let's hope Newcastle can now give Huddersfield a turning over on Saturday.

We don't have to worry about either of them now. The road is ours to travel.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
This. It's only one game, and we have an easier run in.

I'd much rather we lost this game in February and not may. Plenty of time to pick ourselves up again and rack up the points. Our nearest competitors WILL drop points this week. Onwards and upwards.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I felt Hemed for Murray around 65 minutes might have been the one, but ultimately we lost because we kept giving the ball away in midfield time and time again. When you lose the ball you have to work so hard to get it back again and over time that takes its toll on the team. We looked tired by the end of the game, and the poor defending from Bruno and then our centre backs were purely down to that.

True. Experienced pros like Sidwell and Stephens making bizarre passes to Newcastle players really didn't help us. Stockdale & Bruno also guilty of this.

I think we need a sports psychologist in, our players always seem to crumble when the pressure is on.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
6 points ahead, played a game more than 3rd. 3rd plays 1st and it is still in our own hands. 2wins in next 2 and we will be getting close.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Also, EVERY single time they got down the channel to the corner to deliver a cross. the whipped it back to the 18yd line. EVERY TIME.

For their second goal this is what happened, why did we not cotton onto this after several instances in the first half.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Fact is we bottled that game second half. Getting used to us doing this in really big games :down:

I thought we might have kicked the habit after Saturday

Reading are not that great and we had a relatively poor period in this game against a very strong team at this level. We can't and never will win them all.

This could see Newcastle go on to win the league at a canter, or get over confident and blow it.

It's not over.

Although Sky and the BBC etc. Will claim it is - obviously, it's what they do.

I sense we were both lucky and unlucky tonight, on balance probably a fair result.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
They were too strong in the end and all the school boy errors on our side seemed to show that.

At least we have only one top eight side to play between now and the bar coming down. None will be as able as them.

I don't think there was anything wrong tactically with our performance, we did well to take it to the last fifteen minutes ahead.

Let's hope Newcastle can now give Huddersfield a turning over on Saturday.

We don't have to worry about either of them now. The road is ours to travel.

We don't have to worry about either of them now. The road is ours to travel. That's what's worrying! But seriously, we should still do it from here.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
6 points ahead, played a game more than 3rd. 3rd plays 1st and it is still in our own hands. 2wins in next 2 and we will be getting close.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah but we had the opportunity for at least a point and choked after the equaliser

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loads of posters thought Murray, Stephens and Knockaert had poor games, throughout.

CH could have done something to stem the tide.

Fans can question during and after games, it's called free speech.
Free speech yes - but free speech does include the right to spout rubbish! Injury meant he couldn't replace all three anyway. Hemed for Murray in the later stages might have been a good move, but maybe that would have been the third substitute had Poco not been injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here