Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United *** Official Match Thread ***

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This off their forum, most want a draw no suprprise there. If a result is to be had then they go for us which is exactly how I would have thought if one of them. If we win tonight and then Hudders win on Saturday they will be 2 points behind Newcastle, a game in hand and a far more straightforward run in

View attachment 82565

Now, far from me to be absurdly prickly, but it is a bit strange that the poll puts Newcastle at the top and us at bottom. They are second in League and the away team. Is this an example of them being subliminally considered as the 'big' team?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The win on Saturday took pressure off tonight.

So true. I was really nervous about the two games, but after the win on Saturday I'm just looking forward to tonight as much as a kid on Christmas Eve - I got so little sleep last night! And with Huddersfield playing Newcastle on Saturday, it's not even a disaster if we end up losing tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pleased this game is midweek sandwiched as part of a run of four games in 11 days. It helps avoid building it up too much and reduces the significance of what is after all just one of 46 games.

We could lose tonight, and still be ahead of Toon on Saturday if Huddersfield beat them and we do business at Forest. For that reason, I am looking forward to it without nervousness. The win on Saturday took pressure off tonight.

So true. I was really nervous about the two games, but after the win on Saturday I'm just looking forward to tonight as much as a kid on Christmas Eve - I got so little sleep last night! And with Huddersfield playing Newcastle on Saturday, it's not even a disaster if we end up losing tonight.

These 2 posts talk complete sense. I do get the feeling some posters are a little over confident about this one after Saturday. I see it being very tight and probably ending in a draw myself but there is a fair chance we COULD lose to the side with the best away record of course. Saturday was huge. I'll be glad when this one is out the way. If Derby continue their slump by the time we play them the last 5 home games look kind.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anyone else hear that fat drunken scouse oaf Micky Quinn on Talksport this morning? Apparently we are tailor made for Newcastle tonight and he is confident of a win for them. Apart from to announce who Newcastle's opponents are tonight they didn't even mention BHA. They even read it out as 'Newcastle v Brighton.' Normally doesn't bother me but pissed me off.
I'd turned over by then because I knew what it would be like. To be honest I'm quite surprised they mentioned it in the first place.

Too hard to predict but I'm edging towards a score draw.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Now, far from me to be absurdly prickly, but it is a bit strange that the poll puts Newcastle at the top and us at bottom. They are second in League and the away team. Is this an example of them being subliminally considered as the 'big' team?

More likely they just don't like Billy Big B*ll*cks Newcastle much...away from the handful of relatively local teams that don't like us (like Tinpot), most others seem relatively well disposed towards little ole' BHA, so I suspect they'd much rather shunt Newcastle out of the autos than us.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Interesting that Rafa had earmarked April as the most crucial month. I'd say for the Albion that the next couple of weeks are the most crucial. If and it's a reasonably sized IF, we win tonight, we then have three games that we would hope to secure maximum points. Within 10 days we could be sititng on 83 points with 9 games to go.

The odds will be heavily against us achieving that, but given the speed with the next few fixtures are coming we have it within our grasp to really put the pressure on Newcastle and Huddersfield. Whilst I would not say no to a draw this evening I'd be quite happy if the team really went for it and really put out a statement.

This is a very exciting opportunity indeed. The keys for us today will be Sidwell and Stephens disrupting Shelvey who seems to do most his devasting work from deep. Got the feeling Dunk and Duffy will be kept very busy too. Absolutely buzzing for this one, I think it will be a doozy with both teams trading punches for the knockout, anyone puting money on 0-0 good luck.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
These 2 posts talk complete sense. I do get the feeling some posters are a little over confident about this one after Saturday. I see it being very tight and probably ending in a draw myself but there is a fair chance we COULD lose to the side with the best away record of course. Saturday was huge. I'll be glad when this one is out the way. If Derby continue their slump by the time we play them the last 5 home games look kind.

Best away record against best home record etc etc......yes its going to be tight hopefully up until the final whistle..midfield will be where this battle will be won and lost

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

I know what you are saying, and I feel quite nervous as well, but also very excited to see what happens. Obviously our heart's desire is a very specific set of results between now and Saturday 19:15, but they are best not uttered!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Anyone else hear that fat drunken scouse oaf Micky Quinn on Talksport this morning? Apparently we are tailor made for Newcastle tonight and he is confident of a win for them. Apart from to announce who Newcastle's opponents are tonight they didn't even mention BHA. They even read it out as 'Newcastle v Brighton.' Normally doesn't bother me but pissed me off.
I tweeted Max Rushden and highlighted this, to be fair to him he went back to the feature and gave us some air time.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Genuinely excited about tonight and if anyone is any doubt how big this game actually is - I'm reliably informed by an Austrian friend that this game got mentioned on Austrian TV news last night.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What result will Huddersfield be hoping for?

Just been chatting with one.

Firmly wants a Brighton win. Gives them the chance to go second with a win against Newcastle, next week.

Edit: he is obviously already counting the 3 points from the rearranged Wolves game!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I am concerned about the ref.

Not because he's a Huddersfield supporter but because he is from the Premier League and will therefore know the Newcastle players but not ours. We have all seen how Premier League refs seem to favour PL teams in cup matches, giving them the benefit of the doubt in 50/50s etc, and I fear the same will happen tonight. I really hope the game isn't spoilt by an early red card like in the away match (unless it's one of theirs!).

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I am concerned about the ref.

Not because he's a Huddersfield supporter but because he is from the Premier League and will therefore know the Newcastle players but not ours. We have all seen how Premier League refs seem to favour PL teams in cup matches, giving them the benefit of the doubt in 50/50s etc, and I fear the same will happen tonight. I really hope the game isn't spoilt by an early red card like in the away match (unless it's one of theirs!).

Hopefully he will know that Shelvey is a bit of a dirty ****.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here