Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where was Hunemeier last night?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No central defenders on the bench? A bit risky. I know Bruno can play there if necessary, but unless he's injured I'm surprised Uwe was left out. Or can Tomori play CB as well?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With such an attacking bench, it turns out CH knew what was going to happen long before we did.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Duffy went down injured I was very worried for a few minutes.
As he hadn't been struck by Thor's hammer I assumed he'd be ok.

A broken nose and strip tease isn't going to stop our Shane.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Presumably the same place he was on Saturday as he wasn't on the bench then either.
Hughton has had one defender on the bench (Tomori) for the last 3 league matches.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just don't mention the war - I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As he hadn't been struck by Thor's hammer I assumed he'd be ok.

A broken nose and strip tease isn't going to stop our Shane.

I sort of agree..........He gives you the impression you would need to run him over with a Sherman Tank for him to get injured

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's the German
The mighty German
Use Hunemeier

I like our Uwe, so disappointed not to see him on the bench too.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why wasn't Norwood on the bench?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Sidwell, has filled in at right-back before, so I guess CH thought he had options.

Thank goodness we didn't need SS to move - he was my man of the match by a mile.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
With such an attacking bench, it turns out CH knew what was going to happen long before we did.

You mean he knew we were going to be outplayed for large parts of the first half, go a goal down early, find it tough to break them down even post-equaliser, and that all of this may occur without our top goalscorer starting?

If he knew that, and he did nothing about it, then that wouldn't reflect that well on him now would it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The German wasn't on the bench because what is the point? Bruno more than capable of filling in at centre half. The attacking options we were then able to introduce nearly won the game.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The German wasn't on the bench because what is the point? Bruno more than capable of filling in at centre half. The attacking options we were then able to introduce nearly won the game.

I'd say because the 15 games he played last season he looked outstanding prior to his horrific injury and then subsequent fractured hand. I can't grasp why he isn't at least on the bench - he is a CH signing after all and showed real promise.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I'd say because the 15 games he played last season he looked outstanding prior to his horrific injury and then subsequent fractured hand. I can't grasp why he isn't at least on the bench - he is a CH signing after all and showed real promise.

I'm with you, love Uwe, a shame for him but obviously Duffy and Dunk have been outstanding. I suspect the reason is that Tomori can cover as either full back or centre back and he didn't feel the need to have two defenders on the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here