Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The RB from Chelsea

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Shane Duffy was dire on his first game against Brentford and look at him now. Give the lad a chance FFS

He wasn't that bad. Bruno had comfortably his worst game of the season and left Duffy (who at this point didn't know his teammates) horribly exposed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just watched the whole sorry mess on MOTD. One question, though. Our goal was scored by Towell after Murray headed a splendid long cross-field pass down to him. Anybody see who made that pass? (genuine question). It did come from the RB position.......................

Pickles

May 5, 2014
From what I saw he was alright. Didn't watch the match that intently though. Young lad & made a mistake - need to get behind him. Pretty sure he's only Bruno / Rosenior back up anyway.

Oh come on Sheeboo! He was pants today!

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Just watched the whole sorry mess on MOTD. One question, though. Our goal was scored by Towell after Murray headed a splendid long cross-field pass down to him. Anybody see who made that pass? (genuine question). It did come from the RB position.......................

We've had our slot on MoTD now, back to being under the radar and the day job on Thursday - we can have all the overdone and overblown (expert ?) pundit analysis every weekend next season, once ( God willing ) we get over the line in May....

Last time we lost at Sincil Bank, we won the play-off final. Hopefully promotion can be accomplished without those extra three games this time.

All that Chelsea youth football won't have prepared him for the old fashioned barrage he got today. He will come again but we'll need experience now to finish the season

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

The pass was good the knock down and Murray is thinking? Do we need to sign a striker..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We've had our slot on MoTD now, back to being under the radar and the day job on Thursday - we can have all the overdone and overblown (expert ?) pundit analysis every weekend next season, once ( God willing ) we get over the line in May....

Last time we lost at Sincil Bank, we won the play-off final. Hopefully promotion can be accomplished without those extra three games this time.
That's the weirdest answer to a question that I've seen in a long time, even on the Brexit thread!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
What a typical NSC get the knives out thread, we lost so lets find a scapegoat.

To start with, this young 19 year old lad has been at Chelsea fot 11 years, before going on to play for England U 19s and won the FA youth cup at Chelsea.

He is used to playing on a snooker table at Chelsea, but today made his debut at a non league ground which Warren Aspinall described as a bumpy cow field, with players he has never trained with, let alone played with.
He has had to make his debut at a non league ground where BBC and SKY have loads of cameras, and he makes a cock up.
According to the radio, he was superb in the 1st half, but Lincoln got the penalty, the crowd were buzzing and Lincoln were in accendancy,he panics, makes an error and he is absolutely crucified on here.
That will probably be the only game he plays, we are out of the cup now and Liam will be cover for Bruno. Hunt meanwhile will play 15 odd games of League football and make him a lot better player.
Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.

I'm so glad you've posted this as I was composing something very similar in my head so it's saved me a job. Awful, awful comments on here. Tough introduction to senior football for the kid in a game like that. Thought he showed some good skill in the first half to drag the ball back and get away from a couple of Lincoln players. Made a mess of the own goal but it happens, look at Darren Bent on Friday night! I feel for the lad, suspect he's gutted about it.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Yes, but who made the pass to Murray? Was it Tomori, or someone else who happened to be in or about the RB position at the time?

Goldson made the pass I believe.

He also made the pass for the interception but I don't blame him as we appeared to have been told to pass it out from the back after Casper's first few kicks were atrocious and we needed to take a few risks to be creative when chasing the game.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm so glad you've posted this as I was composing something very similar in my head so it's saved me a job. Awful, awful comments on here. Tough introduction to senior football for the kid in a game like that. Thought he showed some good skill in the first half to drag the ball back and get away from a couple of Lincoln players. Made a mess of the own goal but it happens, look at Darren Bent on Friday night! I feel for the lad, suspect he's gutted about it.
Agreed. Load of bollocks in this thread.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What a typical NSC get the knives out thread, we lost so lets find a scapegoat.

To start with, this young 19 year old lad has been at Chelsea fot 11 years, before going on to play for England U 19s and won the FA youth cup at Chelsea.

He is used to playing on a snooker table at Chelsea, but today made his debut at a non league ground which Warren Aspinall described as a bumpy cow field, with players he has never trained with, let alone played with.
He has had to make his debut at a non league ground where BBC and SKY have loads of cameras, and he makes a cock up.
According to the radio, he was superb in the 1st half, but Lincoln got the penalty, the crowd were buzzing and Lincoln were in accendancy,he panics, makes an error and he is absolutely crucified on here.
That will probably be the only game he plays, we are out of the cup now and Liam will be cover for Bruno. Hunt meanwhile will play 15 odd games of League football and make him a lot better player.
Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.

This is the correct synopses

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Goldson made the pass I believe.

He also made the pass for the interception but I don't blame him as we appeared to have been told to pass it out from the back after Casper's first few kicks were atrocious and we needed to take a few risks to be creative when chasing the game.

If you're talking about the pass that lead to the third goal then surely that was BFG?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This thread is embarrassing.

1. Hunt isn't going anywhere. He's on loan precisely because he'll only play in the FA Cup for us, but genuinely has a chance for action in the League with Oldham.

2. Tomori has come in as THIRD or FOURTH choice. Chances are Bruno will be fit soon, Rosenior will be back in the reckoning and if they're both injured, guess who'll start? Goldson.

3. This kid had a bad game. In a team of players that had a bad game, but he's been signed as a replacement for Hunt while Hunt gets some proper experience. Lay off the lad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, have all the knee-jerking, bed wetting reactionaries woken up with a clearer head?

In terms of our promotion bid, that was probably the best result. Obvious second string to team on the up. Suspect Murray only played because he had been suspended for the previous game and March still probably considered as regaining full match fitness. I suspect those in football, and I think Danny Murphy alluded to this, will see it exactly as this.

As for the criticism of Tomori, way over the top. Chapman scored an own goal on his debut, Butters was nearly written off after a few games and Kuipers is the only goalkeeper I can recall being substituted at half time when not injured!!! They all went on to be give excellent service to the club. I don't know what happened for the goal, ie did CA call or not but Tomori had to do something. The ball was not going out of play and was swinging in towards the Lincoln player just coming in on the left hand side of the six yard box.

As for some of the criticism of loaning Hunt, I suspect those that did can't see further than the end of their nose. Hunt needs game time and he is likely to get that at Oldham more than at Brighton and that will help us in the long run.

Win on Thursday and all this nonsense will be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here