Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had the heating on yet? [2017]

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Had heating on at night for a couple of weeks now.
Am at home today and just put gas fire on for a short blast of heat.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not yet.
Friday is supposed to have a "high" of -3C, so I imagine I'll be turning it on then.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Turn it on for a couple hours when I get home in the evening to take the chill out of the air, underfloor heating on too as the tiles in the kitchen/diner get really cold. But off at night (windows open) and off all day.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What is it with grown men and shorts ? I don't want to see your scrawny legs or your latest tattoo - act your age !

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

e26.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No way. Far too tight. Bought thermals for £8.99 from eBay, job done. (typing this at home wearing a BHA hat and scarf as well as the thermals!)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yeah, we did that - and now we're freezing at night. We've had to put an extra dog on the bed.

:smile:

Being too peripatetic to own a dog, I’ve had to settle for second best and get a cat. She sleeps wherever is warmest. If I’m the best heat source, she’ll happily sleep on me; if not - it’s so long, sucker.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Turned mine off now - will not go back on until November.

Had to learn how to use the bloody thing to turn it off though - first time buyer and all - no clue. Figured it now though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm wondering if there'll ever be another evening where I don't pop the electric blanket on for a bit. Very probably the greatest invention ever.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ours has been off since the mini heatwave. I suspect Mrs Giraffe will turn it back on Saturday evening whilst I'm on my way back from Burnley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here