Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anthony Knockaert or Andros Townsend? Who is the better winger?

Who is the better winger?

• Knockaert

Votes: 93 85.3%
  • Townsend

Votes: 16 14.7%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
True, but Townsend is always up against a better class of player, whereas Knockaert has only ever been up against 2nd division defenders. He's proved he can torment them mercilessly, but it remains to be seen if he can transfer that to the PL.

If Knockaert adapts to the PL and carries on doing what he's been doing for the last 18 months then yes, he'll have proved himself to be a better player. But we don't know if he can do that yet.

Knockaert played for Leicester in the Prem, and offered him another contract, which he turned down, I

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Knockaert played for Leicester in the Prem, and offered him another contract, which he turned down, I

He made a handful of appearances, less than 10. Hence him turning down the contract Leicester offered. He's as yet totally unproven at PL level, so cannot possibly be deemed better than Townsend within any meaningful argument.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He made a handful of appearances, less than 10. Hence him turning down the contract Leicester offered. He's as yet totally unproven at PL level, so cannot possibly be deemed better than Townsend within any meaningful argument.
Leicester thought he was worthy of a further contract. The choice was Kockaerts as Liege was close to home as his father's illness started. He started getting better, which was why Knockaert only stayed for 6 months, before coming to us.
I'm not arguing about who is best but Townsend seems to be going backwards, whereas Knocky is improving.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We need knocky to step up this year if we're going to grab results. This season will determine whether he's better than Townsend and the like, but I don't think we can judge that right now.'

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What a stupid question on a BHAFC forum. Only 1 winner here.

Ive seen Townsend when he was on loan at Millwall. I have seen him when Chris had him on loan at Birmingham. And when he was at Spurs

No comparison. Knockeart is head and shoulders better than Townsend.

Knockeart will need to learn that he can't be a solo player when he moves up a division but that aside he is 10 times as good a footballer than what Andros Townsend is

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Andros all day long .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's been a couple of seasons since Knockaert has been in the prem, it'll be easier to compare later on in the season. At the moment though it's Townsend, more PL experience and a full international.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Ive seen Townsend when he was on loan at Millwall. I have seen him when Chris had him on loan at Birmingham. And when he was at Spurs

No comparison. Knockeart is head and shoulders better than Townsend.

Knockeart will need to learn that he can't be a solo player when he moves up a division but that aside he is 10 times as good a footballer than what Andros Townsend is

I have to agree I actually think he's the better player. Personally don't think to much of AT and to think he's got god know how many England caps showed the lack of depth england had at this time. That aside the fact he is better it's still a poll that is rather stupid on a BHAFC forum.
I

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Townsend has been picked for England and if he hadn't have been injured I think he probably still would. Knocky is not an international, so on that criteria it must be Townsend ...but as we see knocky week in week out, to us he is a genius.

To Watford fans he is a vile useless French ****.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Townsend has been picked for England and if he hadn't have been injured I think he probably still would. Knocky is not an international, so on that criteria it must be Townsend ...but as we see knocky week in week out, to us he is a genius.

To Watford fans he is a vile useless French ****.

Watford :lolol::lolol:

They are just wannabe Holmesdale Pathetics...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here