Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Awful news to read. RIP Sarah.

Smith DID score

formerly Harvey's Best
Apr 25, 2009
Worthing
Really sad news.

Although I never met Sarah I do know she was one of a small band of supporters who has made a real difference to this club, we owe her our thanks and her family, friends and colleagues our thoughts and wishes at this difficult time.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Didn't know her personally, but certainly heard her name in conversation and read in print. Would have been no BHA without people like her. RIP.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Such sad news had the privilege of knowing Sarah travelling away on the supporters coach and various campaigns. Such a lovely person x

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's easy to forget how bleak things were in the late 90s and how any thoughts of an Albion future were based on little more than faith. The fact that, for all the recent problems, we don't have to question the club having a future is down to people like Sarah, I only met her once but I was aware of how much she had contributed. Huge respect and much gratitude. RIP.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Words can't quite express how dreadful this news is.

RIP Sarah xxx

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Very sad news.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sarah's family have posted this, in the Argus comments, under the tribute.

From all of the family we would just like to thank everyone for the wonderful words both here and on the NSC site. It's a real comfort to us all.
Mandy, Andrew, Karen and Tony.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
I know Sarahs family will be overwhelmed by the messages on NSC and it goes to show the Albion community is strong. There maybe disagreements at times, but it is one I am truly proud to be part of.
I saw Sarah a few times whilst she was in the hospice and she was her usual self. Wanting to know the latest at the Albion and giving her opinion on numerous things (as ever!)
She was visited or phoned by players and managers, including ones from the past and other people from the club. This gave her great comfort throughout her illness.
Having worked with Sarah and Liz Costa over the nationwide homophobic approach it was a great surprise to her that Graeme Le Saux, who was chair of the advisory group also visited her on more than one occasion.

Sarah gave me her request on her death of how she would like to be remembered at the Amex and liaising with the club I am sure this will be honoured.

RIP Sarah, I will never forget those many telling offs you gave me at away games for one thing and another!

lovely post. has borught a tear to my eye. met sarah on more than a few occasions back in the dark days. i am glad her suffering is finally over...id like to think she could seek out my father up in pub heaven and discuss the ins and outs of bha and dad's blackpool fc!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Really sad news. Sarah was, like me, a regular bus-steward on the trips to Gillingham. I hadn't seen her for ages but she was always friendly while not, as Liz C told the Argus, suffering fools.

I think she worked in banking, and as a consequence understood all the complex business shenanigans that Archer and Bellotti were up to.

On such folk is our club built.

Sarah will be greatly missed, not just by her many friends at the Albion, but by folk throughout the world of football. Her passion for what she believed in was unrivalled and she inspired everyone she worked alongside. We can all thank her for her hard work, but those of us who knew her will also remember the cheerful kindness that she brought to the friendships that she made. Today is a very sad day.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Bloody hell. I'm ashamed to admit I didn't even know this stalwart was unwell. All Albion fans, especially those who were there through all the worst of it, through all the campaigning, knew who she was I think. We've lost another of our own.

Condolences to those who knew her - my thoughts are with her family and friends.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I am so proud to be a Brighton & Hove Albion fan, I am so proud to have met Sarah, I am so proud to see such wonderful messages here on North Stand Chat, Sarah gave everything to the club and team she loved, thank god she saw The Amex.

I am struggling for words, others knew Sarah far better than I did (I knew her more from away games) to all her family and friends, and to everyone that knew Sarah, we have all lost a very good friend. A true Brighton & Hove Albion supporter! you gave so much, RIP Sarah x

The club, will, I am sure, show their respect's to you.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Like many others I did not know Sarah, but I certainly knew of her and this is first and foremost a desperately sad day for her family and friends, and secondly for the Albion who have clearly lost an absolute star. A very sad day. RIP Sarah

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
To be successful, any community-based pressure group needs a bunch of people with widely different skills and attributes – charismatic leader, larger-than-life characters, showbiz connections and so on. But in reality, bugger all gets done without dedicated people beavering away tirelessly behind the scenes to make things happen. In the case of Falmer for All, Sarah was exactly that kind of person: never seeking the limelight, but always ready to pitch in with ideas, then roll up her sleeves and get on with it. The perfect epitome of the team player.

My happiest memory of Sarah was the time we were all sent off at the dead of night to hang our Falmer banners off the A27. I found myself, along with Sarah, crammed in to Liz Costa’s tiny car, hiding in a layby with the lights off while wondering quite what the occupants of the approaching police car might make of our highly unusual situation.

Whatever else, dogged now seems one of many entirely appropriate words describing this remarkable lady. Sarah’s name is already written into club folklore, and what she helped so magnificently to bring about will never be forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here