Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Stoke City sleepwalking into a struggle next season?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr Naylor seems to think so, about his side:-

[tweet]863446230722125825[/tweet]

Beyond the fact that they must have some huge wages tied to some less than impressive players, Shirley they have enough about them to not be in ours, and perhaps palace's league, assuming the latter are a Premier League side next season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Beyond the fact that they must have some huge wages tied to some less than impressive players, Shirley they have enough about them to not be in ours, and perhaps palace's league, assuming the latter are a Premier League side next season.

Maybe not Stoke but definitely Watford are

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Their huge wage bill is probably not helped by the ten man ''Entourage'' of coaches and staff Mark Hughes always insists on when he goes into a job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Their huge wage bill is probably not helped by the ten man ''Entourage'' of coaches and staff Mark Hughes always insists on when he goes into a job.

Their wage bill for last season was £73m.

I've just had a look to see how much they are wasting on Shaqiri, and according to reports at the time he signed, he's ONLY :facepalm: on £65k a week.

So maybe my wages jibe was misplaced. :nono:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I've just had a look to see how much they are wasting on Shaqiri, and according to reports at the time he signed, he's ONLY :facepalm: on £65k a week.

So maybe my wages jibe was misplaced. :nono:

A lesson NOT to sign a marquee European player who, on bigger wages than his teammates, is unable to shine for much of PL seasons. Heralded as a great triumph when he signed, beating much of Europe's elite, we now know why one of europe's elite didn't outbid Stoke.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

They also paid nearly 12m for Saido Berahino in last window. Bony's wages won't be cheap either. Would definitely have a lot of questions over their recruitment if I was a Stoke fan.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For the size of the place Stoke have done amazingly well to have had so many top flight seasons down the years.

Their local billionaire owner (Bet365), Coates, has subsidised the whole thing, which along with PL money, has given them the £ means to be a permanent fixture.

The conurbation is the same size of Leicester, and far bigger than say Derby.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think it is the "Charlton syndrome", safe from relegation, out of cups and season peters out. They should be careful what they wish for. Wonder what they expect? Pulls did take them to a Cup Final tbf.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Port Vale is NOT in Stoke

Although u have to pass through stoke central railway station to get there,nice old station is stoke,not a patch on Brighton though.....as u were.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Port Vale is in Burslem which is one of the six towns that make up the city of Stoke.

So Port Vale IS in Stoke. Unless Stoke is one of the six towns that make up the city of Stoke . . . .

Edit, Wiki tells me that the city of Stoke is comprised of Stoke-upon-Trent, Hanley, Burslem, Tunstall, Longton and Fenton.

Perhaps its time Stoke City changed its name, the greedy annexing *******s......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think Southampton could struggle next season, constant asset stripping has to catch up with them one day

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They have some good players but yes seem to have recruited some overpriced and overpayed players who are not as hoped.

I can see them going down with the current staff but reckon they might get by for another season before it happens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here