Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second shirt sponsor next season?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Sorry - I should have added: I also understand the club have retained the existing pricing structure for existing advertisers. Quite how many etc, I do not know.

Do the PL impose many sponsors on you or is it just companies like Sky that do in favour of the TV money even if its not a televised game (live in the UK)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
ganjapressheader.jpg

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In a sort-of-related point, I understand that 1 minute (per game for the season) on the funky pitchside video boards cost £5,000 this season.

Next season it goes up to £55,000 per minute.

Excellent, so thats Jermaine Defoe's wages covered. :flypig:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Rainham Steel used to be an ever present pitch side advertiser in th EPL,

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
When we had the pink strip it was very popular amongst women. Was there some kind of clause in the contract with American Express prohibiting us having pink shirts? I heard somewhere that having a pink version of the kit was unique. I could definitely see a new pink strip would be extremely popular, especially in the Prem.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sorry - I should have added: I also understand the club have retained the existing pricing structure for existing advertisers. Quite how many etc, I do not know.

That's a good thing. Nice for those that supported us in the lower league getting the massively increased exposure of the PL at a price they can afford.

Do you happen to also have an understanding about whether such an arrangement was baked into the existing contracts, or is largesse on the club's (TB's) part? Also... for just one season, or more?

A delta of £50k/min * ~93 mins =£4.65m, ~17% of last season's entire revenue. Madness.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
In a sort-of-related point, I understand that 1 minute (per game for the season) on the funky pitchside video boards cost £5,000 this season.

Next season it goes up to £55,000 per minute.

Ive done the maths and thats nearly 1k per second!

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009

I thought that the existing price structure for existing advertisers was for the new LED perimeter advertising not pitch side? At least that's how it was presented by the Club last Thursday at a meeting at the ground

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
When we had the pink strip it was very popular amongst women. Was there some kind of clause in the contract with American Express prohibiting us having pink shirts? I heard somewhere that having a pink version of the kit was unique. I could definitely see a new pink strip would be extremely popular, especially in the Prem.

Also popular with one or two allegedly male supporters too!!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Can Amex just sponsor the sleeves and leave the 5hithouse panel off the front of the shirts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here