Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Performances need to improve...

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I agree. We are looking sluggish at times and at times where we should be imposing ourselves we seem to be too casual. However, you can't argue with the run of form and if that gets us promotion then so be it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most teams won't gift us 2 penalties and have a man sent off before 30 minutes

Meh. So Leeds had one shot all night, and barely touched the ball and we won as usual. We didn't concede, we didn't struggle and 2-0 flattered Leeds.

And.. we've won all 11 games when we have taken the lead but when we do fall behind, we also tend to take points which suggests we can step up when needed. I'm happy to let Sir Chris just take things from here, he seems to know how to get the best out of his squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I thought the referee gave us the penalties, not Leeds. He sent the man off as well. I have yet to hear any credible suggestions that the ref. got it wrong.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
Great result tonight but we were gifted the win by Leeds. Performances recently have not been good enough recently, big improvement needed in the next few games if we are to pick up wins

Perhaps Leeds didnt want to do anything other than defend and keep the score down ?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
It was frustrating that we chose to manage the game rather than put them to the sword. But it was a very professional performance. We could have stepped up if we needed to.

Leeds were not a threat tonight and there were times when we could have stepped up the anti and gone for the throat but quite a few times when a good ball was on the decision was to keep possession and pass sideways or backward, but hey ho its 3 points and top of the league.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We didn't need to 'rip them apart'. We struggled to keep the ball against 10 men for long periods, that is not acceptable
60% of the time was enough, wouldn't you agree? Especially as the 40% they got didn't get them into too many dangerous positions.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought the referee gave us the penalties, not Leeds. He sent the man off as well. I have yet to hear any credible suggestions that the ref. got it wrong.

I didn't say the ref was wrong, are you slow?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I agree. We are looking sluggish at times and at times where we should be imposing ourselves we seem to be too casual. However, you can't argue with the run of form and if that gets us promotion then so be it.

True. Just far from impressive recently...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Did you see the first one it was a goal before their player stopped it with his hands. How is that gifted. It was a great corner and a great header. We made a decent team look poor tonight. I am extremely satisfied with tonight's performance and an excellent 3 points to go top.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
No, I'm not slow. Do you have a problem with someone pointing out a different perspective?

It's not a different perspective, it's just completely misunderstanding my original post

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
You do realise that if Phillips didn't use his arm to keep the ball out of the net we'd have scored a goal anyway...

Yes? No?

That was terrible defending by Leeds, they gifted us the goal and the game in that moment. Not good quality etc just poor by Leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here