Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Andy Murray **** World No.1 ***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Incredible achievement. Was lucky enough to watch his semi-final yesterday, and he is amazing to watch. Non stop muttering between points, glaring at his team, swearing at anyone and everything. It's the type of behaviour you normally expect from a person who spends their time rifling in bins and shouting at seagulls.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Incredible achievement. Was lucky enough to watch his semi-final yesterday, and he is amazing to watch. Non stop muttering between points, glaring at his team, swearing at anyone and everything. It's the type of behaviour you normally expect from a person who spends their time rifling in bins and shouting at seagulls.

That sir is post of the year. Made me laugh a lot.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

It's funny, sometimes like yesterday he does it constantly. Today however he hardly muttered and cursed at all.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

He was doing much the same the one-and-only time I saw him play, 10 years ago at Devonshire Park in The Davis Cup against Israel. I never thought I was seeing a British sporting legend that day, but I was. Incredible achievement, as you say.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just a brilliant achievement. To beat the worlds number 2,3,4 and 5 in a week and control the match as much he did was superb.

Wimbledon, Olympic gold, 9 titles and world number 1. He's easily one of britains best sportsman in years.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I didn't watch the match, did Djokovic have his injury break at the right time, or did he forget?

Was a strange one Trig to be honest. The general consensus was that Murray would be heavily fatigued after his marathon match with Raonic yesterday. On the contrary he flew out of the traps like a champion greyhound and left Djokovic in his wake. By the time the Serb managed to find his level it was virtually all over.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hard to believe the reigning Wimbledon champion and Word Number 1 is a British player. Fantastic achievement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Olympic Champion, Team GB standard bearer, and a dad, some year, must be nailed on for SPOTY.

99a070c36cc5c9de5eff51b3fc4f43cc.png

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not his biggest fan but he puts all of the football prima donnas to shame. Played a three and a half hours semi final and next day, that's next day, plays a final against the now second best player in the world. Achievements like this erode my loyalties to football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I didn't watch the match, did Djokovic have his injury break at the right time, or did he forget?

He forgot. It was best of 3 so I'm not sure he had time. But I'll give it to you, that injury break trick normally throws Murray right off his game.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Impressive stuff. Fully deserved. He's practiced/trained at Falmer before, so we've helped him along the way. An obviously strong Sussex link:ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here