Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible terrorist threat to Israeli football team..

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
WTF are Israel doing in UEFA anyway? I don't care that nobody wants to play them, they shouldn't be Europe's problem.
That's a total irrevelance. It is a threat to a football team that could have happened had they qualified for the world cup in France. Then what

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's a total irrevelance. It is a threat to a football team that could have happened had they qualified for the world cup in France. Then what

The competition in France was the Euros, which makes their membership (or otherwise) of UEFA very relevant...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
"Police in Kosovo said on Wednesday they had arrested 19 people in the past 10 days on suspicion of having links with Islamic State and planning to carry out attacks in Kosovo and in neighboring Albania. Police seized explosives, weapons, ammunition and a drone from the suspects, who police say were planning 'synchronized terror attacks.'"

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Sp...planning-attack-on-Israeli-soccer-team-472842

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The problem lies with some of the Arab nations who would not let Israelis into their country.

I am sure the Israeli Federatin would prefer not to play in Europe from a qualification stance.

That's a very good point ...although I've never quite worked out why Israel and Australia for that matter manage to have an entry in Eurovision:moo:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
That's a very good point ...although I've never quite worked out why Israel and Australia for that matter manage to have an entry in Eurovision:moo:

Israel as it's part of the European Broadcasting Union. Interestingly other members include, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco and the Vatican. Morocco appeared in the Eurovision in 1980.

Australia as it was to celebrate the Eurovision birthday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here