Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy - it's a DONE DEAL!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've got to admit watching his horror show the other week I wasn't too keen but now he's signed and Hughton has said that he now gives us four senior options in central defence(thus suggesting no outgoings) I'm quite happy. Who knew, a football fan being fickle...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Very much this. Although I feel its a shame for Goldson (Who I presume will miss out on a starting spot) because he really looked the business even at a young age. Hope it doesn't harm his development too much.

Goldson waited for his opportunity last season until Greer was injured. Goldson isn't ready yet for a full match. He will get his turn and then it's his shirt to lose. Good healthy competition.
If players can't deal with fighting for the shirt, they shouldn't be professionals.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Great signing. Anyone unsure about this lad, I'd suggest they watch the Ireland v Italy game from the Euros.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I find it almost impossible to believe he scored intentionally. But then I watch those goals fly in and can't help wonder. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though.

To be honest, with the Venkys as owners, I'm inclined to think he did it to make sure he could get away.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No, he just flat out refused to play.

Yeah, you don't need to tell me that (!!!). Had he not been our player at the time, but instead someone we were considering purchasing, I'd have thought precisely the same about his potential signing.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seriously? It's such a crap comparison, I don't know if it's even worth responding.
You tell me, folks: Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals, then come out for the second half the only player not wearing a black armband, and finally been sent off for booting the ball angrily at an opposing player all? Just because he's trying to engineer a move away?

What looks to be our new signing was the laughing stock of the football world ONE WEEK AGO for those precise things.
There was a thread on here laughing at him and full of 'Wouldn't want him here'.

Yet I'm in the minority seemingly.
Alright. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh and Spence: Bruno was absolutely awful that season under Hyypia. Stephens was out injured for much of it.
Has no-one else wondered why we're not having to compete with our teams for his signature?

Edit: See he's signed. Wonderful. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wanker Wanker Wanker etc.

Do you look like your avatar in real life? miserable fooker ?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seriously? It's such a crap comparison, I don't know if it's even worth responding.
You tell me, folks: Has Lewis ever intentionally scored own goals, then come out for the second half the only player not wearing a black armband, and finally been sent off for booting the ball angrily at an opposing player all? Just because he's trying to engineer a move away?

I can see where your coming from and it wasn't a good week to say the least and he hardly covered himself in glory. Just listened to CH interview which was insightful and he believes he will pick up the best players available no matter the attitude as this group we currently seems to be able to take care of itself and egos are knocked on the head quickly. He may of acted a tit and may of been shocking last week for Blackburn, but in turn he may show now what a good player he is for BHA and that's what really matters.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Do you look like your avatar in real life? miserable fooker ?

Ha. Miserable. Yeah, ok. I'm the eternal optimist. Normally.
But Murray and Duffy in one window? Christ.

I'm hoping we'll sign Bradley Johnson and Jesus from Forest so we can build a first team of people I detest.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Lovely signing delighted with this.

Well done BHA.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I'm hoping we'll sign Bradley Johnson and Jesus from Forest so we can build a first team of people I detest.

Hughton will resign and we'll get Karl Robinson in :thumbsup:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

What looks to be our new signing was the laughing stock of the football world ONE WEEK AGO for those precise things.
There was a thread on here laughing at him and full of 'Wouldn't want him here'.

Yet I'm in the minority seemingly.
Alright. Whatever floats your boat.

Oh and Spence: Bruno was absolutely awful that season under Hyypia. Stephens was out injured for much of it.
Has no-one else wondered why we're not having to compete with our teams for his signature?

Edit: See he's signed. Wonderful. Boooooooooooooooooooooooo. Wanker Wanker Wanker etc.

Now you're just contradicting yourself.

You attest to him being a bad player because of his recent own goals and being a 'laughing stock', and at the same time suggest he stuck them past his own keeper on purpose to force a move.

So which is it, bad attitude or bad player?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Are you Withdean Wanderer ?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hughton will resign and we'll get Karl Robinson in :thumbsup:

Ha. Well played.

Now you're just contradicting yourself.

You attest to him being a bad player because of his recent own goals and being a 'laughing stock', and at the same time suggest he stuck them past his own keeper on purpose to force a move.

So which is it, bad attitude or bad player?

Err. Have another read and show me where I said he was a bad player.
You're not captain of your debating team are you, Nixonator?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here