Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hull City fail to sell out their Play off final ticket allocation

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We never sold out our allocation for the play-off final at Cardiff either, given we are not morphing into Brighton City Dolphins you cannot blame some fans given what these reckless new owners of football clubs do to them these days.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Believe they averaged 23/24 in the last season of the PL so the tickets they sold seem about right.

plus this is the third trip to Wembley in past few years.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Not one to dis our support. But it was closer to a couple of thousand unsold. And rewinding we also failed to sell out home play off leg to Derby and even 2nd leg verses palace despite being level after leg 1.

We also failed to sell out our Wembley allocation in 92

It was 1991 to be correct and we initially got 32,000 and had extra tickets that gave us 34,500.....

Exactly this. I remember looking at the prices and thinking they were a total piss take.

This is a match where one club is walking into the Premiership and the £200million they are going to generate and the play in the premiership where away fans seats are capped at £30 and they are looking to charge you £78+ to watch the game. Total piss taking *******s.

Well if you insist on paying the gold price then who's fault is it? Just pay the iron price and watch the ticket prices tumble:moo:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
not forgetting Hull play St Helens today (a much cheaper option for those with kids) and HKR play later aswell

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We never sold out our allocation for the play-off final at Cardiff either, given we are not morphing into Brighton City Dolphins you cannot blame some fans given what these reckless new owners of football clubs do to them these days.

I didn't bother with that one, promotion back to the second tier. Probably the most overhyped 'must be there game' in our history, and in Cardiff as well. Not at all comparable to Wembley and the Premier League as the prize.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
not forgetting Hull play St Helens today (a much cheaper option for those with kids) and HKR play later aswell

If that is the case then it is not surprising they have not sold out given that football is not(was not?) the prime choice of sport there. Hull is not that big a place ....

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I didn't bother with that one, promotion back to the second tier. Probably the most overhyped 'must be there game' in our history, and in Cardiff as well. Not at all comparable to Wembley and the Premier League as the prize.
I think you erred there Cheeky! Yes, you are right that the prize on offer was not all that. However, that was a day that showed the football world (okay in England) that we were not a spent force but more importantly, gave a final push of encouragement to us, the fans after all the protests and campaigns we'd endured. It felt so good to be a Brighton fan that day and helped me believe for the first time in 10 years that we were finally going to put our past behind us and go on to greater things.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Not sure we should be casting stones on this one. We didn't even sell out for our play-off semi final.

The biggest factor for not selling that game out (apart from being 2 nil down) was the promised rail chaos that Southern were advertising the in days before. I know people who normally bring their kids who didn't take the risk.

Personally speaking Cardiff with its choice of pubs and pie shops close to the ground and the pleasant surprise (to me anyway) of the friendliness of stewards and OB made it a much better day out than any I've had at Wembley

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rubbish.

Give me Cardiff over Wembley any day. You won't ever see Brighton play there again . Fantastic day out and i'm so glad i went.There again i had no intention of not going.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
It's a crap day for a play off final. The fact it's so dull, wet and grey will appeal more to the northerners than us 'sunshine state' southerners anyway. They're welcome to it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's a crap day for a play off final. The fact it's so dull, wet and grey will appeal more to the northerners than us 'sunshine state' southerners anyway. They're welcome to it.
Hmm, kind of sunny here in Eastbourne.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here