Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

feedback from those who spent their hard earned cash on a trip to Reading last night.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I feel sorry for those who have spent their time & money travelling to games when it seems the team of players, who train and get well paid to do this for a living, appear clueless.

I've seen many a poor Albion side in my time but it's unforgivable and disrespectful to not compete. Blackpool, bolton, Cardiff & Reading, all winnable games but where's the ambition?

Thats exactly my point FG. It seems like all the effort is being directed at home games. Its a very dangerous strategy, particularly if we slip up at Millwall, Wigan and Rotherham....and can any BHA fan who witnessed that dross on Tuesday, say with any confidence that we are going to pick up points in any of those matches.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Disagree. It was yet another of those cr@p away games, making it five in a row with no heart, ambition or clue.
We have not scored an away goal from open play in the League THIS YEAR.

We seem to have a manager and a bunch of players who have given up away from home. CH sets up every away game hoping for a 0-0. His only ambition is to pick up enough home points to survive.
Reading were a side devoid of confidence. They haven't been able to buy a home point in recent weeks. They had just had a tough cup match on a heavy pitch. We had not played for a week. They were forced to make 5 changes and had players out of position ( rookie centre half / midfielder at right back etc ) They are in a run of 4 games in 9 days. Just like most of our recent away opponents, they were there for the taking. Blackpool, Cardiff and Bolton should all have been put to the sword as well. Result...1 point.
Last night's performance was pitiful. It was embarrassing. It was an insult to the good BHA turnout. Speaking to Reading fans after the game, they were surprised how poor we were. They felt they didn't even have to work very hard to win. ( Reading were so bad, they missed a series of sitters before we felt sorry for them and said...' here you are..go and score ' )
Recent home wins can't cover up last night's ghastly ineptitude. Serious questions should be asked about CH's tactics away from home. They are unacceptable and unpalatable.
Thats me finished with away games for this season. Nothing is going to change. Aimless manager, passionless players. absolute dross, park football. They should hang their heads in shame. Fans paid good money to watch players with drooping shoulders and nonchalence. Appalling body language.
BHA fans started the evening in good spirits. They finished it in a mixture of anger, bewilderment and apathy ( if the players and manager can't be bothered...why should we )

Spot on post. We haven't looked like we wanted to win an away game for months now. Total lack of ambition going forwards.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It was my first away game for 30 years and it was terrible. The choice of players was not good. What I could not understand was the late use of only two substitutes. I was very disappointed.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
On a side note did anyone see the Reading fan who threw a coin in our end towards the end of the match? Stewards were incredibly slow to react despite seeing it...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I disagree....Its a very good stadium and a great view all round..The catering and transport links are fast and it's as good as it gets to be fair and not to mention you can have a ciggy at half time.
Not quiet sure what you're on about to be fair

Those sitting in seats on the edge of the stands before the 45 degree angle seats start would have to sit sideways to see the game and I cant say being able to smoke at a stadium it in my top 100 good things about a stadium. Didn't enjoy my pint of bitter to be honest and I said the road transport links were good, but how can they be as good as it gets when the station is over 3 miles away.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
The highlight was their big fat fan in full kit and the chanting we gave him.

He must have been a stooge ... put there to improve the atmosphere ... right in front of their fans (full frontal view) and a stones throw from us. It wasn't the tragic act of a sad middle aged man but rather the work of a marketing genius ... that note Barber.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Shocking...was like Sami had never left. Baffling selections, ridiculous set up, lack of effort and commitment.

No idea why CH tore the guts out of the side that had put in much improved performances in recent weeks, and got some decent results. How many more games is JFC going to get before CH realises he is useless. I was calling for him to get more games when Gus was still with us as I thought he had serious potential. I was wrong. He is a waste of space.

I love Kaz, but long ago the concensus was that he was a better player coming off the bench and didn't put in the same level of performance when he started. So we start him!

Playing Kayal further forward was very odd. Left Ince totally exposed and he got over-run. Ledesma...I can see why Middlesborough decided to bin him off. I thought he was a wide player but he kept moving inside and standing in front of one of Reading's huge defenders. No idea why we played our third choice right back. He and Bennett were sloppy all evening.

Yes, Reading were a strong, competitive side but we didn't even try to mix it with them. CH was far too slow making changes, and when he did, they were about as strange as the starting 11.

I heard a few say that CH was just playing players because he wanted to have a look at them! Well, that's fine, but I won't be travelling away again this season. I've got other things I can spend my money on rather than watching that dross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here