Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much is the Referendum Campaign influencing you?

Has the Campaign changed your mind?

• Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – still think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 85 31.0%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘LEAVE’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – still think ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 19 6.9%
  • Began thinking ‘DON’T KNOW’ – now think ‘STAY’

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – still think ‘STAY’

Votes: 119 43.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now think ‘LEAVE’

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Began thinking ‘STAY’ – now ‘DON’T KNOW’

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have you been on the sauce early this bank holiday monday? There have been waves of migrants to these shores over the centuries, helping shape and forge this country. What has this got to do with inheritance, taxation and private education?
:drink:

waves? a few not a sunmai that threatens a complete change

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
i think it was actually hamster as well,but cant be bothered to double check

I did say that. It was a response to the perception thst Johnny foriegner is at the heart of all our problems. This country has had waves of immigration, some by force, some not. What have the Romans ever done for us...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did say that. It was a response to the perception thst Johnny foriegner is at the heart of all our problems. This country has had waves of immigration, some by force, some not. What have the Romans ever done for us...

It still doesn't explain why Fergus is labouring the point with me though. Did you mention inheritance as well?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

The Romans brought aqueducts, baths, and roads.

So what are Sudanese and Eritreans bringing us?

Or do you think that analogy might be a little bit ridiculous?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
[MENTION=12902]Hamster Gull[/MENTION] & [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] developing into a great comedy double act I see.

6208283_3d80e8ddaf_m.png

:D

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
They can fight for the country as a soldier but not vote on its direction. Nice.
Obviously they can vote. However, it's my belief that a person of that age, probably still in the education system or maybe a year into their working life, has little experience of life. They tend to be ideological and not realistic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What experience of life has a 17 year old? Their views are generally idealistic.

I had lots of political conversations with my dad when I was that age too. I now agree with everything he said.

Firstly I said she was voting age, why refer to a 17 year old?

Secondly what life experience do you think would help a young person in voting in the EU referendum?

Lastly why do you think that your changes in your opinion with your dad's is relevant to anyone else?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Can you slow down for a minute and explain what you're rambling on about? Who has said were all immigrants? Has anyone said anything about inheritance? I'm puzzled why you're repeatedly now making these points.

Well, keep up at the back...........it was you that raised the point earlier that you chose to pay more tax, #higherminded.

Which is all very well, if you do genuinely practice what you preach.

Others don't, and by way of example, those people who use the argument that "we are all immigrants" in migration debates to equalise the difference between host and migrant communities can also practice what they preach, if, they were to disregard their inheritance.

Inheritance, and the benefits of it, is a very obvious difference between host and migrant communities.........for those who have it, typically the bourgeois, these people are unlikely to be as affected by migration as those that don't typically the working class. You know know these people that make this argument they are usually Tories.

Ergo, if they want to use that argument that we are all the same then they should be passing up their inheritance.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, keep up at the back...........it was you that raised the point earlier that you chose to pay more tax, #higherminded.

Which is all very well, if you do genuinely practice what you preach.

Others don't, and by way of example, those people who use the argument that "we are all immigrants" in migration debates to equalise the difference between host and migrant communities can also practice what they preach, if, they were to disregard their inheritance.

Inheritance, and the benefits of it, is a very obvious difference between host and migrant communities.........for those who have it, typically the bourgeois, these people are unlikely to be as affected by migration as those that don't typically the working class. You know know these people that make this argument they are usually Tories.

Ergo, if they want to use that argument that we are all the same then they should be passing up their inheritance.

:mad::mad::mad:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Romans brought aqueducts, baths, and roads.

So what are Sudanese and Eritreans bringing us?

Or do you think that analogy might be a little bit ridiculous?

But this debate is about the EU not non EU migration (happy to get into a deabte on how we need to place a part in refugee cases if needed). On EU migration we get real benefits from both skilled and unskilled labour. Over time the countries who are bot economicslly as strong converge and the market get stronger. We all benefit.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Firstly I said she was voting age, why refer to a 17 year old?

Secondly what life experience do you think would help a young person in voting in the EU referendum?

Lastly why do you think that your changes in your opinion with your dad's is relevant to anyone else?
Firstly, I thought you said they were approaching voting age. But 17 or 18, hardly relevant.

Secondly, experience of working in different environments, with different people with different work attitudes. Realising that some people maybe aren't as conscientious/hard working as others. Realising that some people like to claim benefits rather than work. Realising that waiting times in the NHS are dependent on demand... currently huge. Realising that school places are not dependent on where you were born, how long you've lived there or how much you've paid into the system.

It is well known (oh, sorry, thirdly) that people's views generally change as they get older - as an 18 year old studying sociology I had an opinion influenced by leftist theory. Since being in the workplace I don't now.

If young people today think it's a good idea to open the flood gates to hundreds of thousands of people to come here and take advantage of our system, well...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But this debate is about the EU not non EU migration (happy to get into a deabte on how we need to place a part in refugee cases if needed). On EU migration we get real benefits from both skilled and unskilled labour. Over time the countries who are bot economicslly as strong converge and the market get stronger. We all benefit.

if its only ever beneficial
why not expand free movement onto non EU nationals everywhere globally?
think of all the extra benefits from skilled and unskilled labour

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Firstly, I thought you said they were approaching voting age. But 17 or 18, hardly relevant.

Secondly, experience of working in different environments, with different people with different work attitudes. Realising that some people maybe aren't as conscientious/hard working as others. Realising that some people like to claim benefits rather than work. Realising that waiting times in the NHS are dependent on demand... currently huge. Realising that school places are not dependent on where you were born, how long you've lived there or how much you've paid into the system.

It is well known (oh, sorry, thirdly) that people's views generally change as they get older - as an 18 year old studying sociology I had an opinion influenced by leftist theory. Since being in the workplace I don't now.

If young people today think it's a good idea to open the flood gates to hundreds of thousands of people to come here and take advantage of our system, well...

She's 22.

She is also very much aware of all the examples of life experience that you have given. Maybe she's more intelligent than you expected.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

if you cant grasp what he's saying then you are stupid....if you disagree with what he is saying then you are stupid.....you are looking at 3million + immediate immigrants over the next year ....if you don't see a massive dip in general living standards over the next 4 to 5 years then you are also well stupid..!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
if its only ever beneficial
why not expand free movement onto non EU nationals everywhere globally?
think of all the extra benefits from skilled and unskilled labour

Taken to it's logical conclusion the world after becoming stronger initially becomes weakened eventually with little or no diversity...bit samey if you like....time to move to another galaxy

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
if you cant grasp what he's saying then you are stupid....if you disagree with what he is saying then you are stupid.....you are looking at 3million + immediate immigrants over the next year ....if you don't see a massive dip in general living standards over the next 4 to 5 years then you are also well stupid..!!

Immigrants contributing to our economy leading to a massive dip in general living standards. I don't understand it.

Stupid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here